how can i stop this googleupdater from bothering me every few minutes?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dorkultra, Sep 1, 2009.

1. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i have google notifier installed, every few minutes this box pops up and asks for my password. if i type in my password it goes away obviously
    [​IMG]

i didn't have this trouble before i switched to snow leopard. however i probably have some user error going on.
    anyway to set the password permanently in keychain? i went into applications and removed the googleupdater program, didn't seem to help

2. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

I noticed my dads comp was getting console spam from a different google updater after the upgrade. What google apps do you have installed? do they have the ability to turn off auto-updates (doubtful)..

Otherwise check your login items (System Prefs > Accounts), after that your in the console looking at */Library/Launch Agents / Daemons

3. dorkultra

i just have the gmail updater. i removed the google application updater from login items. i'll give it an hour and see what happens, thanks!

nope, still came up. i deleted a couple of google folders on the hard drive. i think one was under library...we'll see what happens

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  4. Raider007

Raider007 om nom nom nom

trash you keychain...
    i've read online some people where getting corrupt keychains after the upgrade

5. dorkultra

seems like deleting some google folders on the drive did the trick :bowdown: