how can i save all my drivers before i wipe my harddrive clean?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bigfodee, Sep 16, 2004.

1. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

worms own me :(

on my old computer i did FDISK/FORMAT and when i had windows running again i couldnt get any drivers to work (ethernet, VGA mode only, sound, etc). nothind on the win98 cd worked, and i had too much difficulty finding shit online.

ok so i have a different comp now, one my dad built about a year ago. spyware and trojans owned me, so i deleted everything and installed winXP. still have problems..

so last time i cleaned everything but then i had no drivers. how can i save my shit beforehand this time so i dont have a computer thats capable of solitaire and htats about it

2. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

I only ever save the ethernet driver (or modem driver if you're on dialup). Then I go online to download the latest drivers. Having said that, I also partition my HD so I can ghost an image from and to another partition so I never really have to reinstall.

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Well if I'm not mistaken, most or at least a lot of the drivers for Windows are stored in the C:\Windows\INF folder. If you can't find it, it's probably hidden.

But I agree with the above, I'd rather go for the newest drivers everytime I format.