LGBT how can i remove dye from my hair?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by pigeon, Feb 18, 2007.

1. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i have naturally black hair with silver threads running through it (silver sounds so much better than grey, doesn't it?) and a few months ago i dyed it black to cover the grey/silver. it's growing out now and i want to dye it with henna as a way to make the silver a sparkly red running through the black, but i'm not sure how to get the dye out, other than growing it out....

2. UpPy

UpPy Guest

Guess ya think ALL GAYS are hair dressers.

Try Google....

:wavey:

3. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

You have a few options. If you used a semi-perm or temporary hair dye, just keep washing it.

If you used something more perm. you can grow it out like you said. Black is pretty hard to get out of your hair, it took me close to a year to get it all out. However, all I did was wash it/dye over it.

I suggest NOT bleaching it - it may damage the hair. The easiest at home thing to do is "stripping" it. Go to a Sally Beauty Supply (if you have one near you), or any other beauty supply store that you don't need a hairdresser license to get into and buy a color removal kit. I've used L'Oreal Color Zap before. It works well, but I never got it 100% out. I'm assuming I had alot more black to deal with. It's very gentle on the hair, and you'll immedietly be ready to re-dye it.

Like I've mentioned times before, black is very hard to get rid of, but I wish you the best of luck! :wiggle:

4. julia!

julia! New Member

black doesnt come out for shit. youre better off waiting it out.

5. camarosrool

camarosrool yes i am

i had blue in on new years, took me 9 weeks of growing and 3 hair cuts to get MOST of it out