How can I pull and IP from a person's AIM?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by AxeWhlder, Dec 23, 2003.

1. AxeWhlder

AxeWhlder I'll eat your brain.

This is a serious question. I'm not looking to hack someone or destroy their computer.

Here's the scenerio...
    My girl's ex is an abusive stalker. He always harasses her over AIM. She cant block him because there's kids involved and if something happens she needs to know.

We're both in a car club together and she posts there alot. Lately he's been doing some research on that board and found out some things he wasnt supposed to. I really cant get into it much because it's personal.

Anyway, we want to MAC ban him but need his IP. We cant get it on Phpbb unless he posts (which he never does).

I was wondering if anyone knew tools to get an IP from AIM? We already did a Netstat but really doesnt work unless you direct connect. Sooner or later he'll get wise to that and need to find a sneakier way.

Can anyone help? If you dont want to post here you're more than welcome to PM me.

Thanks!

2. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

Start an apache server on your machine, send him an image linking to your apache web server and then check the logs. I'm pretty sure you can get it that way. Or, via AIM just run netstat once you have directly connected to the other user. That would do it too.

3. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

netstat the easiest way, thats basically how all the programs do it, just need to direct connect to him somehow...

4. TheDarkHorizon

TheDarkHorizon \xC0\xFF\xEE

CompiledMonkey's method seems more plausible in this situation. Is it a high-traffic forum? If you know where he lives, you can even make a thread on the forums that you know he'll check, and sort through all the IPs demographically and try to find his IP that way.

5. Rob

Rob OT Supporter

You can MAC ban someone from a webserver?????

6. Balzz

Balzz N54 Elitist OT Supporter

I would be very interested to see how seeing that MAC address is stripped with every hop.

7. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

thats quite the slick idea, I like :bigthumb: (refering to apache)

8. AxeWhlder

AxeWhlder I'll eat your brain.

Good ideas guys. I'm going to try them.

Also.. the Mac ban. Well, I dont know how to do it or else I would've by now. My friend who runs the forum offered his services though.

There's no programs that can be added to the AIM program that pull IP's? I'm suprised at that actually.