How can I open my computer to everyone?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Cmndr. WRX>MUSTANG, Jan 3, 2003.

1. I want to accept ALL incoming connections and outgoing automaticly.
    I have zone alarm so I Want to stop some shit, but not others.
    Specifically warcraft III.
    Its not fucking working, no one can connect to me, and Ive noticed this in aim aswell.

2. Kabuko

Kabuko Guest

Warcraft3 port should be 6112 if that helps.

3. what do i do with that?

4. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Set up a rule in Zone Alarm to deny on all ports EXCEPT 6112.

5. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

I didn't think Zone Alarm allows specific ports to be opened - specific IPs, yes, specific programs, yes.

Assuming warcraft works without zone alarm being on, it's probably a matter of choosing warcraft to act as a server and client and then turning down your protection from high to med (if you can't ping your computer from outside, it won't work).

6. Okay,

http://www.blizzard.com/support/?id=msi0549p

The last part

"Adding Port Information:
    The external and internal ports will contain the same number for our example. We will be adding 18 unique entries. Each of the following ports needs to be added:

They each need to be added once with the TCP box checked and once with the UDP box checked for a total of 18 entries. Continue adding the ports listed above until you are finished. You should now be able to connect and be connected to using any Blizzard game."

How do I fit all those ports into that one space, or do i have to make a blizzard-2 blizzard-3 and so on?

7. 5Gen_Prelude

Well - again, I don't think you've managed to isolate the problem as far as I can tell. If you turned off XP's firewall then that's not the hangup (from what I remember from last night's OT post). I mean essentially you have two firewalls running if you do it this way. XP may let the ports through but Zone will still stop them. So back to original question - if yiou disable the firewall and zone alarm (temporarily) does it work?

8. 5Gen_Prelude

As for your recent question, yes create separate entries called Blizz-1, etc... up to Blizz-18

9. Nope, I disabled all and it didnt work, but when I added the first one, I could get invited to a game, where i couldnt before.

10. damnit, I DONT GOT SHIT TURNED ON. WTF!