How can I minimize effects vSleep Deprivation

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Dr. Fuckface, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr. Fuckface

Dr. Fuckface Wheelguns: when it absolutely, positively has to g

So between school and work, I've pretty much toned myself. From now till early June, average hours of sleep on a weeknight will hover around 5, and there's going to be at least one and as many as two full-blown all-nighters a week. The weekends should be a little easier, but I won't be able to sleep 14hrs/day or anything.

What can I do to minimize the effects of this? I'm currently taking a multi, ON whey, fish oil, and CEE.

I guess supplement recommendations are good, but I'd like know what I can do behaviorally. I'm still a noob making good gains; I don't want those gains to slow down anymore than they have to.

2. chizzle

chizzle New Member

3. Dr. Fuckface

i do when i can, but it's usually only a couple minutes in an easy chair.:hs:

4. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

you eventually get used to it, i went about a year or so when I was only getting 4-5 hours sleep every night

5. Dr. Fuckface

getting used to it isn't a problem. the thing is, I want to keep growing, but I know that a large part of that depends on how much sleep you get.

6. TZ

TZ Banned

yes, you only gain by sleeping...if you dont sleep you can't get stronger...lifting is all about training smart, diet, and rest. That sucks that you won't be able to sleep... :( that will really slow your progress

7. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

the difference between 7 hours and a good 8 hours is so drastic. feels 100 times better to get more rest

8. Dr. Fuckface

what i was afraid of :wtc:

on the upside, gains during spring break should be huge (relatively speaking) :bigthumb:

9. Dr. Fuckface

werd. i eked out 6hrs hours last night (more than the normal 5), and I feel so much better.

Coming off a regimine of sleep deprevation before, I slept 13 hours and woke up feeling like I was high on something :rofl:

10. DatacomGuy

DatacomGuy is moving to Canada

Wish I had time for more sleep.. try for 8, usually get 6 and end up over sleeping in the mornings. Just have too much to do at night to get to bed on time. Same reason I can\'t do cardio in the mornings anymore..

11. entropy138

entropy138 OT Supporter

:ugh: nuts in da azz?:mamoru:

Seriously though - maybe don't lift as intensely as you would if you could get the full amount of rest needed....Won't be as hard on your body that way. Good luck - i hated when school/work/gym ate into my sleeping hours.

12. Dr. Fuckface

:werd: "toned" has almost completely replaced the word "fucked" in my vocabulary. "Mothertoner" doesn't have the same ring to it, but, meh...

If I start getting aches/pains in odd places, I'll back off. I've been hurt before, and learned my lesson. :o

13. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Sleep isn't the *only* way you grow. Just make sure your diet and training is as good as you can make it and don't stress yourself out more worrying about it.

14. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

There is not hiding the fact that a lack of sleep will affect your progress, however, that does not mean that you will not see progress. If sleeping more is absolutely out of the question the best thing you can do is just eat a lot and keep your diet in check. This will go a long way in itself. Also, if you are in the gym and know you are only going to get 4 hours of sleep that night, you might want to take it easy.
    No point it working yourself to the bone in the gym if you cannot rest fully. Train hard, eat right, and keep up with getting your nutrients and vitamins in and you should be "ok".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.