SRS How can I get over my ex? :wtc:

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by ski, Jul 23, 2006.

1. ski

ski New Member

My girlfriend and I of 10 months broke up a week or two ago, her choice. I can find no way to occupy my time to not think about her, and every time I do it just hurts more and more. I keep on hurting myself emotionally by trying to reconnect with her whether its a phone call or her coming over to hang out. I try telling myself I can handle it, but everytime I do I still end up getting hurt.

I want to just leave her behind and go my own way because I believe its what's best in the long run, but I can't muster up the strength to do it. I (mistakenly, didnt have much control) tried to reason with her and probably just ended up screwing things more. When i'm at work or out I can keep myself distracted, but being in a small town where no one goes out leaves me inside a lot and thoughts of her push there way into my head.

One of the main reasons for the breakup was our distance apart (shes CT, i'm MA). She hinted at getting back together when school started, which of course gets my hopes up and sets me up to be burned again. She's not a slutty girl or anything, so i'm not worried shes off screwing around - but it still sucks.

Emotional Pain Sucks :hsd:

Disclaimer: I am emotionally torn up, but I am no means in the realm of physical pain, nothing of the sort will happen.

2. nost

nost New Member

break ups are difficult things. my only suggestion would be that if you really want to get over her you should try to keep your self busy, try not to think about her or let the pain get to you. the best thing to do would be to go out and meet other girls. but if you think you'll get back to togethor when school starts, maybe its best to wait and see. im guessing thats what you want more then to get over her. if that doesn't happen, you'll meet knew girls, espically at school. best of luck to ya :)

3. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

As time passes you'll the feelings you had for her will subside. Eventually she'll just be a memory. Just hang in there because it will get easier.

4. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

I think you already know what the problem is. It's all or nothing, when you take a break, take a BREAK. Zero contact until you can pull yourself together. Each time you call or "hang out".. you're just ripping open the wound again.

5. ski

ski New Member

I know, and I know I should stop but my willpower isnt strong enough to do it. It would be different if I could occupy my time by going out and meeting new girls, except there are a total of 4 in my town that are of age and worthwhile, and none are availible - so im somewhat out of luck when it comes to keeping my mind on other things.

Im certainly trying though!

6. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

I would suggest just taking a break from the whole relationship game in general for awhile. Find things that you enjoy doing for yourself, what you did before you started dating. Don't want to have a girlfriend be the sole purpose of your existence.

7. nish81

nish81 OT Supporter

like beanolo said, a good thing to do is to take a break

8. dew

dew Banned

yeah im alittle worse lol my gf of 2 years broke it off like 2 weeks ago and i cant get over her.. we have hung out and went to a few movie its just wierd..you have this routine for 2 years and your so used to being with her and then all the sudden its gone then your like fuck what am i going to do now? o and by the way getting drunk doesnt help either lol

9. Nealius

Nealius New Member

im going thru this same crap with my wife. She cheated on me for 1.5 years. I found out 2 days before our first anniversary. Our 5 yo told me. (OUCH!)

best way to deal with it is try to avoid her as much as possible. Keep busy all the time. You will go thru stages. Ive been thru the I dont want this to end stage, Its all my fault stage, Please take me back Please stage,GTFO of my life stage. Right now Im in the I hate her fucking guts stage.
    I have been sucidal. Ive been drunk. Took pills to forget. none of it works. Well maybe the suicide would. But why kill yourself over a chick.

What Im saying is you will get thru this. It just takes a while.
    I know Im hurting a ton inside. But I know Ill get over it. At least thats how I feel today.. Who know how Ill feel tomorrow.