how can i get my PWC paint under 21 year old stickers to blend with the rest?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by tommyortom, Apr 14, 2005.

1. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

on my 1984 Kawasaki 550...i just striped these origianal kawasaki graphics that were on the handlepole. i knew that the paint would look brand new underneath, but i took them off anyways. from 10 feet away, you cant tell its 2 different shades, and when its wet, you will probably barely even be able to tell. but when you are closer you can see the kawasaki outline on it. looks kinda weird....sooooooo im wondering if theres anything i can do to blend it together maybe? i took those original silver and blue graphics off too..but you cant tell because they are so large it isnt as obvious as a bunch of small separte letters.

heres a pic of what im talking about....the black kawasaki lettering on the top of the jetsk:

[​IMG]

2. Robb

Robb Guest

it might not be possible to ever completely blend the two together unless you wetsand and even then it may not come out perfect. What you can do is try and get the rest of the paint that was not covered by stickers as perfect as possible so that it looks like new and matches the paint that was under the stickers.

You should try:
    Wash
    Clay
    Aggressive Polish
    Med Polish
    Mild Polish
    Glaze
    Wax

that process would get the rst of the paint as good as possible and would hopefully blend w/ the already good looking paint that was underneath the stickers. Hope this helped

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Never going to match. The paint is too old and weathered. You can probably polish it out with gelcoat specific products (Meguiars has some) and the difference won't be as noticable but it won't be perfect.

4. tommyortom

tommyortom New Member

ill give that a try if i can find some. hopefully i dont rub off too much paint...i was waxing it and the rag was turning slightly red from paint being transferred....i should be ok though.