How can I fix this shit?? Scratches...

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by celiboy, Jan 25, 2005.

1. celiboy

celiboy New Member

I've attached 2 pics of some scratches I got from someone in a parking lot.

The scratches are down to the paint. I am assuming that I will have to repaint. When they repaint do they repaint the entire panel, or do they only repaint the section that has scratches and mask off the rest??? Can these scratches be wet sanded out or is repainting the only way??

How much am I looking at to fix this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. $500 (or more) to do it right, includeing smoothing that little mini-crease

and the smoothness of spotting in is almost entirely up to the skill of the painter

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Wetsanding only works if there is paint left. Reshooting a fender and blending it in will run at least $500. Do not price shop this. Go by quality on paint work. Don't be like my brother and have a $3500 repair turn into $12,000+ to make it right.

4. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

im guessing here but those white scuffs will or should come of. I think IP and an edge green pad will take care of that if you have a pc. That section where theres black on the rear bumper looks like you can either repaint it or use some duplicolor touchup paint.

5. celiboy

celiboy New Member

I took it into 2 places today. One said a respray was needed on the damage in the second pic and the damage in the first pic could be buffed out. They quoted me 300. I went to another place and agreed that the damage in pic 1 could be buffed out and that they would apply touch up paint to the damage in pic 2. They quoted me $90 as this is a very slow time of year for them. I am going with them as they succesfully removed door dings from my car in summer and they are a reputable shop. Of course they mentioned that it will not be 100%, however where I live I need to get this taken care of ASAP to avoid rust. I'll have the car back Thursday and will post pics of the repair.