How can I change the name of my iBook?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Inferno, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Inferno

Inferno New Member

I reformatted because I was supposted to sell it to this guy, so I installed it with his name. The fuck didn't pay and now I wanna change the name to mine. I renamed all the folders, but the name of the actual ibook is still his. Formatting again is really only a last option :hs:

2. Inferno

Inferno New Member

oh and whats the name of that program that shows you every file on your PC as a box, all different colors, and the bigger the box the larger the file size?

3. Inferno

Inferno New Member

nevermind.. it was under sharing :hsugh: but id still like post #2 answered.. thx

4. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

This doesn't sound exactly like what you were looking for but it will tell you the size of all of the files and folder
    WhatSize http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/21149

If you find that program again PM please. I'd like to look at that as well.

2 things.
    You format and reinstalled the OS on the iBook. Ok no problem where. But for part where the OS asks you to fill in the info and set the computer name and so on; isn't that done after the OS is fully installed and after it restarts again?
    Might sound like a stupid question but I've only had to reinstall my OS X once and I don't remember what all went on other than it did ask for the info and so on.
    I do know 100% for sure that's what happens with OS9 and older.

And second, since you did just reinstall the OS and you set it up for someone else. If you wanted to make it yours again, why not just reinstall the OS again? It's not like you're going to lose anything.

5. Inferno

Inferno New Member

I'll PM you if I find the program..

Yeah, it asks me that shit after I reinstall, its like the inital setup of OS X..

also I dont want to reinstlall because I put all my shit on it after I found out that he wasnt buying it.. but I think I fixed it now. I made a new user, renamed the harddrive, renamed the computer in sharing options, deleted the old user, etc.. works good now