How big of a role does education play ..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 1200mk, Sep 8, 2005.

1. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

does it matter what level of education the person you date has?

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

yes. i wouldnt seriously date someone w/o a college education. period.

and i mostly only date engineers. just my thing.

3. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

wtf....engineers are so sexy... :ugh2:

4. jmechy

jmechy Calmer then you are.

education alone isn't important, but intelligence is. However, those two are usually related, so in a sense, yes, education is important.

I can't imagine ever enjoying spending time with a dumb girl.

5. 1200mk

1200mk Still same OG

true, but would you rather have a street smarts girl or book smarts girl?

6. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

I'm the same as jmechy. What kind of smarts she has it doesn't really matter, as long as she isn't dumb as a post.

7. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

street smarts is better. i don't want to talk to someone like myself (im an engineer).

8. lauren

lauren Active Member

i think so. :dunno: a guy has to at least match me mentally. intelligence is a huge turn on for me. plus, i just dont communicat/click with other majors very well...they dont get me and i dont get them.

9. Mojo

Mojo New Member

street smart for me. but having a street smarts woman can catch the bullshit you try to pull on her lol. same goes with men.

but i really dont care about an educational background unless i was seriously going to marry this woman

10. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

Yes... in a way of having someone on your level.

I've dated a few girls who quit after high school, and a majority of them are pretty simplistic. For me, I don't like seeing a person who has no goals. They're looking for a husband/baby to settle down.

11. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

If it is just sex: Nope.

If it is a relationship: Yeah, I want her to be atleast as educated as I am, but not necessarily in the same (or even a related) field. Not that I've met too many women who are Electrical Engineers anyway. Educated, career minded women tend to be less interested in sitting around having babies...which is good because I already have two kids and no intention of having anymore.

12. Yukonart

Yukonart Active Member

I started dating my current GF just as she started her junior year of highschool. However, her level of intelligence was quite captivating. . . and I'm sure we wouldn't still be together nearly three years later had we not clicked on an intellectual level . . . beyond our sexual and emotional sides.

13. Malghanim

Malghanim My wee wee has been Stricken with Rigor Mortis

a smart girl a fucking turn on.. no matter how hot a chick is.. if she dont got no brain your gonna get pretty fucking bored with her quick.. depends what you want.. if you want to just get laid then go for whatever and try to work it out..

But the worst for me is a dumb chick that thinks she is smart because she knows alittle bit about politics and so she knows everything! I would just set her on fire at that point!

14. NJGuy

NJGuy "Fuckmefuckmefuckmefuckmef uckmefuckmefuckmefuckm OT Supporter

I had a girl like that before.
    She was very smart just not educated.
    Was on her own since she was 14... never even made it to high school.

I didnt mind her asking vocab questions at all as long as she never asked the same word twice :cool: Which she never did. It did get frustrating at times. :o

15. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

hello there :naughty:

intelligence is definitely a factor. it would irritate me to have a SO who kept on doing dumb shit and not learning from her mistakes. i like someone i can have a discussion with without their eyes glazing over after 5 seconds. if it happens after 30 seconds well fine, at least i had them for 30 seconds :rofl:

16. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I won't date a girl that can't hold a very intelligent conversation. I finished college when I was 17, so maybe my standards are high. But I already met someone that exceeds my standards anyways... my SO is in law school :).

She has to be more than book smart though. Anyone can memorize a bunch of random facts. I look for a LOGICAL girl! A girl who, when she doesnt know something, knows how to figure it out. Someone who can think things out for herself. I have found these types of females are truly few and far between, and I am sure other females might get offended by that, but its just what I have personally found.

17. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

Wow, Kudos to you. I have to date a intelligent woman. I can't handle dumb women they drive me absolutely nuts. Now when I say intelligent does that mean she has to have a college education. No, I am just fine dating a woman without one. As long as she can take care of herself it doesn't bother me in the least bit

18. JW2

JW2 New Member

I think it's pretty shortsighted to only date someone who has a certain level of formalized education. What counts to me is their actual intellect, not their formal educational background.

19. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

For a relationship- I dont care if they went to school or not. But I do want them to be atleast as smart as me or close enough. I also dont want them to be working for minimum wage.

For just sex- No

20. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

the level of education that they have obtained has nothing to do with their level of intelligence, and it doesnt necessarily show anything about their character either.
    i know girls that are in college that arent the brightest minds texas has to offer, and the only reason they are there are because they were made to. i would rather have a girl that doesnt have that glazed over look in her eyes when you talk to her.

that said, i dropped out in 10th grade, took some college courses, im essentially an engineer w/o a degree, and i am in many ways very very stupid

21. lauren

lauren Active Member

someone can be super smart, but if they arent driven and motivated, what good is it?

i dont want to hear all these shoulda woulds coulfdas from my so about his career or life or something. if hes that smart, he shoulda gone to college.

a college education is an indication of both brains and motivation, both of which are of the upmost importance in a serious relationship.

22. purplebeast

purplebeast The depths of hell and endless torture await all h

Smart and motivated people do go to college.
    But not all college students are smart and motivated.

23. okita1

okita1 Great spirits have always encountered violent oppo

i couldnt disagree more, traditionally, back in the 60's or so, you might be correct.
    but. college can be obsolete and worthless in many fields (just ask bill gates)

i dont think going to college shows motivation on ones part, although someone can be extremly motivated in college, i have seen morons go through college and get a degree and a job they dont deserve, and i have seen people without degrees put in 80 hours a week, come in every day before theyre supposed to get there and leave late everyday

a degree does not reflect someones character

24. I agree with this. While intellectual compatiblity is important, it is not as important as character.

25. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

You have a PE or EIT? If not and no ABET accredited degree then you are not an Engineer in any way shape or form. (but hey, I've seen apartment maintenance positions listed as "Maintenance Engineer"...)