How big is a x800?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Wolf68k, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

I'm looking at getting a x800GTO from Newegg, however the biggest complaint from the user reviews that I've seen is that the card is big/long. No one however happened to mention exactly how big the card is. The best idea said was that someone said it was about 2inches longer than the 9800, which doesn't help if you've never had a 9800 or any other ATI card.

So I'm hoping someone here can measure their card's board for me and tell me exactly how long the card is. Inches or cm doesn't matter, either/or or both, take your pick.

A friend of mine took a guess and said 22-23cm which puts it's about 8.5-9inches, but guesses don't help too much. But going from that I'm trying to imagine what it would look like with an ArcticCooling's VGA cooler on it which big on it's own.

I'm worried that the IDE ports on my mobo might be in the way and prevent the card from sitting correctly or at all, and I'd rather not spend $200 on a card and find out later it won't fit correctly because it's too long.

2. WannaZO6

WannaZO6 There are 10 types of people in the world, the one

3. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

4. DSMTuning

DSMTuning New Member

get the x800gto2... its not big, fits in 1 slot... so far i've ran a 6661 on 3dmark05 with it unlocked and overclocked a little past the x850xt pe speeds