how bad will it be?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by apman0000, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

broke my leg several weeks ago, i just got the go ahead to put weight on the leg (can't work lower body obviously and no standing weight lifting for obvious reasons)

well anyway, i havne't lifted weights (except the small 20 lb'ers i've been working with while laying on the couch. for these 6+ weeks

was benching about 365 without spotter and pretty comfy before the leg, any estimates how bad it'll be today when i go into the gym?

2. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

If wouldnt put any significant weight on let alone try to see the current 1RM.
    Just go and do a nice full body workout with low weights.

3. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

yeah you're right, it would be pretty stupid to load the bar 1st day in lol
    i'll probably start real light and do a bunch of reps, figure anything i do is gonna hurt in the morning after these weeks of nothing

(my left leg is funny looking, 0 muscle in it the calf is non existent)

4. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

sets of 5 with 225 was all i could manage on the bench today lol, fucking embarassing but oh well that's what happens when you go several weeks with very little activity i guess

5. TKEBoss

TKEBoss Nelson Sexors

I feel your pain bro. I can't do shit with my right ankle now. Just going in for light bench and seated back work.

6. Abomb

Abomb New Member

fuck dude is this like your 15th accident?

7. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

no cool story lol, slipped on some spilled water in my garage and 1 leg flew up in the air and i ended up laying flat on my back with my foot under my ass, needless to say that was more bending than i'm able to do so the leg went snap. spiral fracture to the fibula which apparently is what you want to break if ya gotta break a leg, but it still took time and i couldn't put any weight on it and it sucks to feel like a total tool at the gym struggling with 225, just feels like people are pointing and laughing at me lol.

at least i'll have a good excuse for having scrawny legs this summer :)

8. Abomb

Abomb New Member

lol sucks man gl on recovery

9. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

thanks. the therapy on my ankle is going well so i can't complain much, i can stand on my tip toes already after about a week of being able to start walking on it, still a big limp and have to use a walking boot except when doing PT

10. kit99bar

kit99bar USPA Class 2, weak, old man!

comon you know there are the new guys there who can barely do 135 and nobody laughs or even cares

11. ilduce

ilduce New Member

I know we have had this convo before but I wish I was in your situation only having to lay off for 6 weeks. In a few weeks you will be right back where you were if not sooner.

12. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

it's been 6+ weeks with the leg, i am in the middle of a bad stretch cause i had taken about 2 months off and was going to physical therapy for my rotator cuff before the leg, i'm captain bad timing so it's basically been 4 months without heavy lifting and about 2 months with almost no lifting (during the leg)

i was doing some light weights while trying to work thru the shoulder but i lost some muscle during that time and now after being a pile of shit for the last several weeks i just feel like crap.

i know there are many with far worse injuries and i'm by no means trying to compare, i'm just venting the frustration from going from upper 300's to low 200's on the bench lol, it just stinks and i'm crying about it on an internet forum lol.

13. ilduce

ilduce New Member

I def wasnt trying to take away your thunder because it sucks regardless. Im actually a bit jealous. I understand what you are saying though, it sucks having to build back up to some place you have already been but like I said it wont take you long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.