How are you doing shampoo work?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by JRock10, Aug 30, 2007.

1. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

I'm currently using a gallon garden sprayer and brushes. then shopvac it out. this works pretty well, but it's kinda labor intensive.

what are you all doing?

2. danponjican

danponjican New Member

I use a hot water extractor (Oreck model). You won't believe what kind of results you can get in such little time with one of these!

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I'm using BioKleen's Traffic Lane Cleaner (32:1 dillution ratio!!) mixed in a spray bottle. Spray, let dwell up to 5 minutes-during that time I clean the leather and vinyl in that vicinity-then scrub as needed, wipe, revacuum. Each seating section takes me maybe 5 minutes to clean top to bottom using that method (unless the car is trashed), so most interiors, I can deep clean in less than 30 minutes.

4. the_moose914

the_moose914 Bimmer Crew

I vacuum mats, then hose them off and spay woolite 8:1 and let it dwell for a few minutes then use a cyclo brush attachment on my PC in speed 6 then hose them off till only clean water comes out of them. I then vacuum them to get most of the water out and let them air dry for a few.

5. Juztang

Juztang www.obsessivedetail.com

First I vacuum the carpets and the matts, then I take a brush and try to bring up any excess dirt and vacuum again. I use a gallon sprayer to spray on Prochem traffic lane cleaner and let sit for about 10-15 minutes. Now I use either a Cyclo with brush attachment or just agitate the carpets and matts by hand. I use a Mytee hot water extractor and ProChem All Fiber Rinse to extract. The rinse gets up an excess chemicals and dirt plus leaves the carpet feeling really soft.

I also have a vapor steamer that I use to do vents and small crevices. When I don't want to break the extractor out the steamer works really well for spot cleaning.

6. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

great responses! i was curious to know how many were using a hot water extractor. that's a tool I want, but i think it will have to come later on, like after I purchase a van.