MIL how are women really treated in the military?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hsugh knight, Jun 8, 2008.

1. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

i read a few leftie articles and they claim that women are raped left and right in their units. is that all bullshit or what :o

women please give me the skinny on your experiences.

2. ustfdes

ustfdes LPC ID: 20394

i call bullshit. as i've mentioned before, my wife has been in the military for 5 years, and has been on 2 deployments, with 2 units, and never had ANY issues of sexual harassment/rape/etc....and she is an attractive woman.

3. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

the way the AF treats any kind of sexual incident either the females dont come forward or its not a huge deal

I really dont see it being a huge deal

4. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

well from a navy prospective 98% of the females on a ship are ugly as hell. so that solves the problem of most sexual tension right there. you still have your guys that for whatever reason are attracted to the scum of the female population, but for the most part the guys just hook up with one of their hands for a deployment.

for the 2% that are not ugly, you basically get anything you want. need your computer fixed? i'm not doing anything!

as far as rape goes though, i've only had one possible rape case at any command i've been to and they threw it out because every one knew she was lying, and she went to her next ship and within 2 weeks claimed a guy on there raped her.

5. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

are people generally nice to the women :hsd:

6. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

no one is outright mean to each other unless you have beef with one another. i could give two shits about most of the females on the boat because 1) they think they're hot, 2) they think they can get whatever they want because they're female, 3) all around annoying.

are people nice to the attractive women? hell yes.

i don't know how to explain it, every one knows they'll never get in the pants of some chick, however it is just the principal of the matter.

7. usmcdevil

usmcdevil wouldnt you like to know

they get treated way better than the guys obviously.

8. EBK

EBK Hate hippies & hadjis

hsugh knight will u shut the fuck up already.shit

9. SoCaLlove

SoCaLlove New Member

:mamoru:

10. chris325ci

chris325ci New Member

No, people in the military aren't testosterone pumped apes. To me, this shows how skewed some people's opinions are of service members.

11. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

He's referring to those articles about female soldiers being raped at night going to the head or something in Iraq.

12. Figori

Figori Taking BRC to the EXTREME. OT Supporter

Wait... No one else sends their chicks out to fetch the coffee?? I totally thought I was in the real AF....

[/joke]

Actually, I find some females like to think the male's owe them something... Those I like to send out to do random stuff... Or like the new chick, send her to some random place and ask for some random part that doesn't exist. You know. Go to *blah* shop and ask for a Cat5 wrench... Good stuff like that.

13. FarBeyondDriven

FarBeyondDriven OT Supporter

dot

14. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Me man, me rape and beat every female servicemember I see .

I kid

:rofl: We used to do that to any new person in the unit. I would even send them up to the Sgt Major's or CO's/XO's office looking for something, like a stack of XXXX(insert MOS here), or send them out to the flightline with a trash liner to get an exhaust sample.

15. dura

dura Guest

Chemlight batteries, motor exhaust sample kits, and blinker fluid are all at the motorpool, so I let them know that prior to their endeavor.

16. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

"go get some batteries for the sound powered phone" :)

17. crucial_fiction

crucial_fiction Active Member

HT Punches are always fun to

18. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

From what I've seen, the biggest problem that female soldiers in Iraq have is with other female soldiers in Iraq. Every single reduction in rank that I have seen has been because some female was pissed at another female and specifically targeted her for payback.

I've heard, even in official pre-deployment briefings, about the high percentage of rapes with deployed female soldiers. But I have seen nothing that would indicate this to be true. In fact, a better quote would be that most deployed females are having more consensual sex with more men than at any other time in their lives.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  19. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

:werd:

20. TheMentor

TheMentor New Member

Well, I'm a female and I've been in the Marine Corps for a year and a half, and I've only had one incident of sexual harrassment by a superior. In general, I get treated just like the guys, no better no worse. I can't imagine stuff about women getting raped all over the place is true. At my PDS, I'm one of about 20 females with over 900 males. If you want to be "that girl" your odds are good though, and reputations travel fast where I am.

21. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

:hs:

22. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

You have a vagina don't you?

23. someonenew

someonenew He's Dangerous

that's standard newb hazing everywhere:o

in Subs we always would send the new guy to A-Division looking for an "A gang punch" or to Torpedoman for a "Torpedo punch". We'd get a particularly annoying nub to "Prep for the mail buoy":rofl:. Feeding the shaft seals, taking portable air samples in the mess decks etc etc...they're all just considered normal hazing that happens to everyone:o.

As for how are women treated? Don't know, don't care. No women in the Submarine forces:bigthumb:

:oibi'mcalledchauvenistic:mamoru:

24. Drunk Bastard Audio

Drunk Bastard Audio New Member

i'm starting to think the same thing....i thought she was a he for the longest time.

25. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

in almost 6 years, 99% of the females i have encountered in ALL branches, think and are pretty much treated like they are princesses and exempt from doing most of the work...so i discount anyone who says that they are treated equally because its total bullshit