A&P How are these pictures?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Bavarian3, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

just some random pictures taken by me with a canon a85..please comment on how they could be better, or if they could be better by using photoshop. dont be too harsh though remember im a n00b tryin to learn with a simple point and shoot :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 11070

11070 OT Supporter

I think the first one would be great without the boat. Second one without the fence. Third without the corner of that green truck. Fourth is cool and I'm pretty much indifferent on the rest. I'm pretty new to this stuff too. That's all that stood out to me.

3. Redsand187

Redsand187 OT Supporter

Well for the BMW pictures... take them at a different elevation. They look like you just stood in front of the car, and took the picture. The most menacing looking automotive photos are normally 3/4 shots taken less then 2 feet off the ground. Experiment with the level and angles. Also a lower depth of field. You don't have to have an awesome background for automotive pictures, and don't try to include all of the background. The car is the star. Look at the magazine shots, they are normally just in random locations.

4. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

yeah good idea, i didnt have a tripod so it was a little more difficult to do nice shots like that :hs:

5. ElDude

ElDude Hiya!

Has anything been done to the bottom BMW one? It's got a strange look about it, and the house in the distance, plus the mountains look strange.

6. Jaycee0521

Jaycee0521 New Member

first one... i dunno... its kind of tilting. i think it'll be better straightened out
    i like the 2nd one
    the sky on the fifth one is overexposed... if youre gonna PS it, brighten the foreground and underexpose the sky...

7. Bavarian3

Bavarian3 OT Supporter

haha i didnt notice that it is tilted though for sure. for the overexposing i guess its unavoidable when in direct sunlight :hs: