SRS How are some people so irrational?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CrazyFoool, Jan 25, 2005.

1. CrazyFoool

CrazyFoool OT Supporter

I don't understand how some people can expect the world from you, but when you expect anything from them, they act as if they don't owe you jack shit. To those people, I wonder what friendship really means to them. I wonder if its just people to hang out w/, to have fun w/. They will call on you in the hour of need, and you'll talk to them really deeply about emotional stuff, but when they're out of the rut, its like everything that was talked about didn't even exist.

2. PoultryMagic

PoultryMagic If I can't be my own...I'd feel better dead.

Dude, unfortunately I know exactly what you're talking about. Since you give from yourself to help them out, and they don't return the favor when you're in need, it seems as if they're the most selfish people on the planet. I've heard these people called "fair-weather friends" because they're only your friend when things are cool...soon as something goes wrong and you need help, they're nowhere to be found.

The only way to deal with them is unfortunately to treat them how they treat you...otherwise they'll continue to take advantage of your generosity.

3. bottomline

bottomline Guest

Anyone that knows me can tell you I had the worst problem with people like that. Actually, the big help that made me realize I didn't need them (I think I might have not realized what I was doing because they were the only ones I really hung out with that the time) was OT. I have met the greatest people on here and to me, it is priceless. :)

4. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

it's because people are ignorant and stupid.

I do customer service and people often wait till the last minute to do anything and then expect the world from us.

The smart ones at least realize that i'm doing the best I can when I can't get them their stupid certificate to them within 3 hours.