GUN How all carjackings should go down

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jun 27, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

minus the getting shot in the thigh part :o

(AP) CAMBRIDGE, Ohio A motorist wrestled a gun from a suspected carjacker and fired three shots, killing the man who had sneaked into the back seat of the car while it was parked at a gas pump, authorities said.

John Toubell, 44, of Antrim, had arranged to meet a detective at the gas station to turn himself in for robbing a restaurant, but he instead climbed in the car when the driver was inside early Sunday paying for gasoline and beef jerky, Guernsey County Sheriff Mike McCauley said.

The shooting appeared to be self-defense because driver Brian Starr was shot in the thigh by the suspect before he took the gun away, McCauley said.

Starr, 29, of Cambridge, said he saw a head in his rearview mirror as he drove away. "Then I saw the gun coming around," he said. The car was moving while the men fought, then it crashed into a ditch.

Starr and passing motorists called 911, McCauley said. Toubell was shot in the head, neck and chest, Coroner Janet Brockwell said.

Investigators believe the gun used in the attempted carjacking was stolen from the owner of the restaurant that Toubell was accused of robbing, McCauley said.

A steel rod was placed in Starr's thigh because the bullet broke his leg bone in half, he told The Columbus Dispatch from Grant Medical Center in Columbus.

Cambridge is about 75 miles east of Columbus.

(© 2006 The Associated Press.

2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

:bowthefuckdown:

sucks that he got shot in the leg though, hope he recovers fully.

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dont have as much confidence in the justice system, better that he's dead then goes to prison for a couple years only to do it again and with a less lucky victim.

4. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

mother fucking :werd:. I'd rather just get rid of the fuckers than have to maybe deal with them again in the future.

5. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

my mom used to work for the orleans parish court system and there's a story she always tells me.

this happened in the late 1970's.

this old retired, frail, black school woman was driving and was stopped at a light uptown in new orleans. some young guy, not even 20, jumped in the passenger seat with a gun and told her to drive. while driving he was too busy looking around and not at her. she slowly pulled out .357 she kept in b/w her seat and door and shot him right in the side.

when he went to trial, he was there in a hospital bed and a bag to collect all of his urine and feces. the bullet went through his spine and paralyzed him.

she knew when they got wherever they were going she'd be killed so she did what she had to do.

6. cabriolet

cabriolet ...

I'd rather get rid of them, then lose MORE of my paycheck to support a sack of shit like that in prison

7. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

i agree but im kinda torn... the whole point of the prison system is not to punish but the rehabilitate, but it obviously doesnt work... so unless they fix that, or just admit that they cant and call it punishment, i say the more that are shot and killed commiting crimes, the better

8. Michael Westen

Michael Westen OT Supporter

eek, good thing the dude is dead, he would have probably sued the victim for every penny he'd ever make. :wtc:

9. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

If death was so easy why do prisoners fight so hard to get off death row.