GUN Houston cop charged with shooting up womans house on NYE

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 4, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

HPD officer accused of firing weapons at woman's home
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=local&id=4900130

1/02/07 - KTRK/HOUSTON) - A Houston woman's house literally became a target for gun-play on New Year's Eve. But the man accused of pulling the trigger is a Houston police officer.
    Also on ABC13.com:
    Send news tips | RSS | ABC13 E-lert | Info mentioned on air | Search abc13.com
    Investigators say Ricardo Pineda fired two guns at a New Year's party at a home in southwest Harris County.

Gunfire could be heard across the Houston area as residents rang in the New Year.

"I heard the noise, and I looked and I saw a couple of guys," said homeowner Huyen Nguyen.

She heard the gunfire and she says her husband saw it. He was in the laundry room hanging up a jacket when the bullets narrowly missed him.

Nguyen said, "He hung it up, and then he saw the bullet go over him."

Two rounds went through Nguyen's garage door, through the laundry room door and into the laundry room. Her three young children were all nearby.

Investigators say the holes left behind prove the guns were pointed right at the house.

Lt. John Martin with the Harris County Sheriff's Office said, "It appears in this case that they were fired pretty much level. It was not a case of being fired up into the air and then they came back down."

Sheriff's detectives say eyewitnesses saw Pineda firing the guns from outside a home during the party. Pineda is a Houston police officer.

Nguyen called 911 when she realized what was happening. When deputies arrived, they found Pineda, wearing his officer's badge around his neck, and a jacket with the word police on the back.

"He had been drinking," asserted Lt. Martin. "I don't know exactly what his level of intoxication was."

Pineda was arrested on suspicion of deadly conduct. His car was towed, and inside it investigators found two weapons -- a handgun and a rifle -- both recently fired.

Nguyen can't believe someone entrusted with the public's safety could do something that clearly could be so dangerous.

"It's sobering," she said. "Because I think police know the rules and know the law, so they cannot do that. It's so dangerous."

Pineda has posted $30,000 bond and is out of custody. He is expected to appear in court on Wednesday. He has been suspended with pay by the Houston Police Department pending the outcome of both the criminal and an internal investigation. Investigators cannot say if the weapons used were Pineda's service weapons.
    (Copyright © 2007, KTRK-TV)

2. bmwmon

bmwmon New Member

wtf thats some fucked up shit. suspended with pay for shooting up someones house while drunk.:ugh:

3. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

motherfuckin :werd:

Anyone else would be slapped with a healthy dose of p.m.i.t.a prison

4. grocerylist

grocerylist New Member

Cops practically get away with murder here.

5. mzmtg

mzmtg New Member

Fixed.

6. grocerylist

grocerylist New Member

fair enough.