House of 1,000 Corpses

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Riconosuave, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Has anyone seen this? Watched it last night. I'm probably a worse person for having watched this. I didn't really know what to expect, and this definitely wasn't it. Disturbing and sick! Makes me wonder about the person who thought up this sick stuff :squint:

2. TopNotch

TopNotch If You Got 100 Guns, 100 Clips, Then Why Don't I H

3. Squally

Squally New Member

Well Rob Zombie came up with it and he's actually a pretty normal guy, just a HUGE horror fan. Check this out if you like it, it's the sequel, also go to the official site for it, they tell you a little more about it and it's pretty cool. http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/the_devils_rejects/

That movie has been a big inspiration for a script a buddy and I are working on right now that's gonna be AWESOME!

4. Showtime_III

Showtime_III OT Supporter

that movie sucked.

5. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

i fucking loved it.

6. Sotangledup

Sotangledup Guest

It scared the shit out of me. I'm never going near hicks or towns where hicks live ever again.Never going on a road trip at night either.

It was pretty much a diversion of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. The psycho family theme..

I always get p/o at the ending..the girl was so close to running away and they catch her again... that sucked...

I'm too much of a wuss to see what the sequel on the apple site is about.. someone tell me....

7. thatguyoverthere

thatguyoverthere New Member

I loved it. It's one of the lowest rated movies on Rotten Tomatoes though, and I usually trust that process of determining a movies worth. I guess there's no accounting for taste!

I thought the movie was really funny, and the scene where the Slim Whitman "I Remember You" plays and the way the scene ended I thought was sheer genius. I look forward to seeing The Devils Rejects as soon as it comes out.

8. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Odds are, the movie meant nothing to you. Most of the people who loved it, grew up on horror movies. We love them. They are classics, and we understand the art that goes into making one. We can spend entire evenings watching B movies, and love them, despite the sub-par quality. House wasn't made for your average goer, it was made for those who fucking care about their horror movies.
    I'm not insulting people who don't like it, it's just... how could you like it if it wasn't for you?

9. Chrissy

Chrissy dnb doll

i still watch this movie all the time, it's one of the best horror movies i've seen, the campy cheesy gore pulls me in like no other!

<3 baby

10. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

I liked it. It was just a reworking of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I think the best scene was the crane shot, where the action froze with the cop and the camera zoomed up and up and up...then continued. That was awesome.

11. thatguyoverthere

thatguyoverthere New Member

I'm glad to see other fans of the movie here!

"House" has a great sense of humor, right from the beginning. "These Manson chicks are hot!" "You sure do a lot of guessin'." And when the old guy is watching the Munsters, he yells"I hate fucked up families!" That still cracks me up. I thought it was a lot of fun, and Sid Haig and Bill Mosely are awesome. I hear that "Rejects" is a lot more serious, but I still look forward to seeing it on opening day.

12. {WBK}Blood_Lust

{WBK}Blood_Lust New Member

i bought it, i was so mad at wasting my money that i threw away my white zombie cd's cause rob can blow me for fooling me into buying that shit movie!

13. deznutz

deznutz New Member

I hate the movie...worthless

14. drinks11

drinks11 I record music.

I thought it was a decent movie with a strong horror influence to boost a kind weak or short script. The only thing I really didn't like about it was when he was experimenting with film effects that happen randomly and seemingly out of place. For a true horror fan, it's a great movie, but if you spend your time watching John Cusack and Sandra Bullock movies, pass on it.

15. {WBK}Blood_Lust

this must have been your 1st horror movie yes?

did anyone say something about sandra bullock?

16. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

He liked it... proof that it's not his first horror movie.
    People have different tastes, don't be a dick.

17. Grouch

Grouch Guest

it was one of the worst movies i've ever seen.

18. {WBK}Blood_Lust

I'm not being a dick, look at his post, talking shit about sandra bullock and so forth, he threw the first stone so no crying if others talk shit back, dry your tears sweet heart

19. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

I don't read that as an insult to people who watch Cusack and Bullock movies. I took it as him saying that if you are a horror fan, you will like this movie.
    Which is truff.

20. joy division

joy division New Member

I love B horror movies and other things of the nature...

but something about rob zombies style made it fucking unwatcheable for me. I forbid my friend from watching it because it was so horrible. I actually wanted to vomit after I watched it; I've had no problems with any other horror movies no matter how grotesque..just something about the colors he uses.

I can see how some like it though.

21. Leedguitar

Leedguitar New Member

I loved this movie. It is easily one of my favorite movies of all time, and that's not just counting horror movies. I loved the campy feel of old school horror, mixed with schlock from modern days. It was sick, twisted, and very funny. I can't wait for the sequel!

22. CrimsonVonDoom

CrimsonVonDoom There Cannot be Two Skies OT Supporter

I don't like horror movies all that much, myself, and I didn't find House to be that entertaining, but I fully realize that it was a well-done addition to the horror genre. In terms of horror movies, it's a great one. In terms of movies in general, it's pretty bad... but what horror movie isn't?