hotmail on BB 8130

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Nason, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Nason

Nason Kiss my shiny metal av

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (BlackBerry Pearl 8130: BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126)

up until last week I was forwarding my hotmail to my blackberry.net email and was getting emails on my phone instantly as I got them in hotmail.
    Then the other day when rim added windows live messenger and hotmail changed their forwarding policy to limit it to other @[email protected] addresses I set it up through email account setup and now it takes anywhere from 20Mins to several hours to get my emails on the phone.... This is my primary address and I need to get the emails quicker.
    Are there any settings on the BB or in hotmail I may have missed to push it through faster????

2. Muerte_X

Muerte_X Don't Fear The Reaper

It is actual push, or just pop forwarding? I have my gmail on pop, and it can delay anywhere from a 1 minute to an hour or more. It's almost always 1 minute though. My blackberry.net account is on push, and I get them instantly.

I think RIM just made it so you can do push email with hotmail/live addresses now. I would think it would do it automatically that way if you set it up the same way your blackberry.net email is, but who knows :dunno:

Do you have the windows live messenger from RIM installed? I think you need to have that installed.

Edit: I looked into it a bit. Apparently windows live/hotmail email push (what makes it show up instantly) is a feature of BIS 2.5 (the service through which your BB gets data/email, etc), which your blackberry can only use if it's running version 4.5 or higher of the OS. Right now 4.5 is not available on the 8130 (I know because I have one with verizon). Looks like you're screwed until 4.5 is on the 8130, or unless you switch over to gmail, or pay for the plus version of hotmail that lets you forward your email. ;dunno:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  3. Nason

Nason Kiss my shiny metal av

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (BlackBerry Pearl 8130: BlackBerry8130/4.3.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/126)

So is it confirmed that hotmail plus will push email instantly to th BB? I hate to pay for something I've been using for free for like 12 years..... Might have to start using my gmail more I guess for now......