SRS Hot Temper when asked about computers

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by doggfather, Mar 13, 2006.

1. doggfather

doggfather New Member

For me, a computer is like a book (that came out also in a movie) and I've read and watched it over 20 times. When ppl ask me for help on HTML, basic trouble shooting, it pisses me so much off and my temper goes up--I can tell even tho I try my best to conceal it. For me so many of the questions ppl ask are like in my common sense, but not in theirs. It's like kids asking you what is "happiness" and you tell them "the state of being in joy" then they question you what state, being, and joy means. then you elaborate on what joy means, and then question your definition on what that means.

How can I deal with this without trying to hide my temper?

2. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

Just really make an effort, when explaining something to someone, to concentrate on the fact that they don't have the knowledge you do. Being able to explain something well is a good way to tell that you have a thourough understanding of it yourself.
    Put yourself in his/her shoes. It sounds cliche but imagine as if you are explaining the concepts to a five year old...

3. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

... who is retarded.

4. marauder

marauder New Member

Maybe you shouldn't be in a position where your helping people.. if you hate it that much. Fair enough if their really slow on the uptake and you get pissed off at them don’t show it though in your attitude to them what appears obvious to you isn’t always to others.
    If someone needs help asks you for it no matter how quick or slow the answer is you shouldn’t always get angry at them if there not being rude/annoying prick to you.

Don’t you like helping people? Or feel slightly pleased to help a person out who genuinely appreciates it once and a while.

5. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

you can take it to the asylum

6. theshaft

theshaft Guest

I know where you're coming from, i used to be that way. Everytime someone asked me a question it was like they were challenging my knowledge or questioning my ability. It would make me angry. When I stopped looking at it as an attack and focused on trying to be helpful to that person, it immediately changed my attitude. I became much more patient with that person, and focused on helping them fix the problem rather than just answering their questions.