A&P Hot Shoes

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by haikii, Aug 21, 2008.

1. haikii

haikii New Member

2. Spurious

Spurious New Member

I do enjoy hot shoes.... :sad2:

3. Killyin

Killyin Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies.

Hot shoes make my feet sweat.

btw that eBay link is for a wireless flash trigger....and not a "flash".

4. haikii

haikii New Member

Yeh i enjoy hot shoes too i like them in bright red.

im not looking for the flash cause ive gotten myself some already. im looking the trigger and receiver. isnt that what you call hot shoe?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  5. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

nope.

the hotshoe is the part of the camera that your flash plugs into.

The receiver and trigger plug into the hotshoe, just like your flash would.

There are other types of flash connections like PC and household that are used mainly in studio lighting applications.

So the ones you linked us too are called 'hotshoe triggers' instead of 'PC triggers'.

6. haikii

haikii New Member

Right right right, thanks Jared. BUT anyway i still would love some feed back on the listed item and advice on 'hot shoe triggers' and receivers. Like these should be fine right? I wont have to worry about it screwing up my camera or flashes? and whatever else i should be looking out for?

basically what i want to be running is flash slaves. I bought a shonky old flash for $2 off ebay. old Vivitar 2600D. So i could experiment and learn about flash photography. Now i would like for it to run externally on light stands and what not.

Thanks again.

7. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

I have the same ones and use them on a fairly consistent basis. They work great for me.

The only thing you have to worry about is the crappy batteries they take. Their are websites out there that show you how to mod them to use AAA's or something better.

Check out www.gadgetinfinity.com and you can see the exact same triggers, except you can verify they will work with your camera and flash.

8. Bloke

Bloke Banned

ebay :greddy:

9. OlafBeserka

OlafBeserka girls pee pee when they see me OT Supporter

Purchased mine from there but havent used them too much. They ok once you mod them.

10. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

I've up to this point been a full supporter of the GI/Ebay triggers. But, now that Alien Bees have come out with a more reliable alternative, for a fraction more (and still far less expensive than PW's) I'm upgrading to the cybersynch's. So, I would suggest to save your money and buy them, rather than the ebay triggers....

11. haikii

haikii New Member

ah right right, so its pretty much safe to say ebay ones do work and are okay for the time being. I checked out the cyber sync 2 stuff. for the price of one trigger i can get this ebay package which has a trigger and 3 receivers i believe.. thats the thing, i need a fair few receivers becuase i have access to 3 flashes. And yeh as i said before i just couldnt justify myself getting something so expensive just yet being an amateur.

But thanks for that mate. i atleast know now the ebay products aren't shonky and atleast work

I think i might buy these ebay ones and try find the site to mod them to work with AAA's or soemthing.