GUN Hospital Visitor Accidentally Shoots Himself

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Feb 11, 2009.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hospital Visitor Accidentally Shoots Himself
    Police: Man Reached In Pocket To Get Money, Grabbed Gun Instead
    http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/18683205/detail.html#-

February 10, 2009

LAFAYETTE, Colo. –– A visitor at Exempla Good Samaritan Medical Center in Lafayette accidentally shot himself with his own weapon when he reached into his pocket for his wallet.Police said the incident occurred around noon in the hospital cafeteria.Steve Tapp, 59, was paying for his food when he reached into his right pants pocket and accidentally pulled the trigger to his .32-caliber semi-automatic Kel-Tec brand pistol, Lafayette police Cmdr. Mark Battersby said.

The gun was still in his pants pocket when the bullet struck him in the right thigh.Hospital security officers followed Tapp to the men's restroom, where he was disarmed, and quickly taken to the hospital's emergency room for treatment.Lafayette police investigators also took Tapp into custody on a charge of unlawfully carrying a weapon, prohibited use of a weapon and reckless endangerment. The Thornton resident told investigators that he always carries the gun with him but does not have a concealed carry permit, Battersby said."

According to Tapp, he had filled out the necessary paperwork to apply for the permit, but had not submitted his application," Battersby said.When the gun was fired, the cafeteria was busy with the lunchtime crowd."There were many people in the area that heard the gunshot, but most were unaware of what had happened. After the gun discharged, Tapp calmly walked away from the area to the restroom, and the weapon remained in his pocket," Battersby said."No other guests in the cafeteria were hurt," said hospital spokeswoman Kim Kobel.

"A full investigation is under way to understand what happened and to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors and staff."Tapp was at the hospital visiting family members.He was discharged after he was issued three state misdemeanor summons and ordered to return to Boulder County court on April 1.

===

Well if your going to ND and shoot yourself what better place? :dunno:

2. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Bet he doesn't think $60 is too much for a holster any more.

3. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Or a few more for a permit.

4. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

if i wasn't so paranoid about breaking the law and losing my right to own or carry a firearm, i would say "fuck permits"

but alas...

5. Peak_Oil

Peak_Oil New Member

All I have to do is drop by the Sheriffs department and pick up my permit and pay $60, I could go on Thursday. I just won't get around to it this week. Maybe next week.

I've been saying that for months now. My neighborhood is pretty nice and almost everywhere I go it's pretty safe, I don't think I'm going to need it anytime soon.

I haven't carried in months now anyway. The hood is so far away from me that I just don't see a need right now. I vividly recall carrying w/o a permit for years, and being a little pissed off that I couldn't get a permit in LA county.

I want to get around to picking up the permit in the next month. That way, if nothing else, I'll have the history of lawful possession and carry of a firearm. I think it's better in the eyes of a jury to have a long peaceful history to show than a short peaceful history.

6. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Ok, thanks for letting me know that.

7. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

are you in a rural county in california?

8. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

I had a nightmare last night about pocket carrying a .38 at school where I work. I was so nervous it would AD.

9. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

I'd like to know how you "accidentally" pull the trigger on a Kel Tec P pistol. The trigger pull is only slightly longer than a Saturn V rocket, and about as heavy. You can't "accidentally" pull that fucker when you have to work that hard to pull it "on purpose."

10. smartypants

smartypants New Member

I'm surprised the Kel-Tec fired in the first place.

11. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

Same here, my parents and sister each carry .32's I carry the .380

You really have to pull the damn things to get them to go off, surely he had to know what was going on...

If not, he's too stupid to carry the weapon anyway.

And this is also why pocket holster or clip/belt holster FTMFW in this case

12. FindersKeepers

FindersKeepers New Member

:dunno: mine fire every time

13. more off

more off Moderator

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: