Hoses....

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by LBKornhusker, Jan 13, 2002.

1. LBKornhusker

LBKornhusker Muscular cyborg German dude dances with sexy Frenc

Scottwax, I saw a couple pics of your car with the hood popped and noticed the hoses were all nice and turquoise. I was wondering if you used silicone hoses or what? I asked a question about the usage of silicone hoses on a Volvo board, and the majority of responses I got were that silicone couldn't be used on everything because it would collapse under vaccum and wouldn't work for fuel lines. Any suggestions?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

i dont think that thats scotts car, its sick lifes. and i am assuming that they are just looms that cover the hoses.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

This is my engine:

[​IMG]

I wouldn't use silicone for anything other than heater and radiator hoses, unless I knew for sure either fuel or vacuum wouldn't cause any problems.

Steel braided covers are actually pretty reasonable-the set for my car is about $40 at Auto-Zone. Real steel braided hose and aircraft style connectors are high $$$$.

4. MiseryIndex

MiseryIndex i never know why. i only know who. Moderator

tell me about it :(
    i have almost $400 in steel braided fuel/oil line hoses & fittings. & it was like $150 for my upper & lower steel braided radiator hoses :o

(that engine bay pic of my car is very out of date)

5. LBKornhusker

LBKornhusker Muscular cyborg German dude dances with sexy Frenc

Ahh, I did misspeak. Sorry about that.

Ok, thanks for the info. I am probably going to need a few new lines soon, and I was wondering if I would be able to jazz up the engine bay a little.