GUN Hopfully no charges against the homeowner *updated post 30*

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jun 19, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Police: Homeowner shoots teen during burglary

FROM STAFF REPORTS

Monday, June 19, 2006

A Longview homeowner early Monday shot and killed a 15-year-old boy who police say was one of three teenagers attempting to burglarize the man's home in the 1100 block of Camille Drive.

Longview Police responded to the residence on Camille Drive at approximately 3:30 a.m.

The homeowner told police he was sleeping and heard noises, including glass breaking, according to a media release from the Longview Police Department. The man armed himself with a firearm and entered his living room, where he saw several people standing in the room — one person holding what appeared to be a weapon. The man shot toward the person he believed was holding a weapon.

When police arrived, they arrested Gregory Allison, 17, of Longview, who was being detained at the scene by the homeowner.

A 15-year-old boy was found in the woods behind the residence with a gunshot wound, and was taken to Longview Regional Medical Center, where he later was pronounced dead.

Police also found a 14-year-old boy at a residence on Woodway Lane after they received calls the boy also was suffering from a gunshot wound. The 14-year-old boy was taken to Good Shepherd Medical Center, and his condition is unknown.

Allison is being held at the Gregg County Jail on a charge of burglary of a habitation.

The case remains under investigation.

2. daviid

daviid cell tower tech

fucking kids got what they deserved

3. Sssnake

Sssnake meh

Good for him. Tired of seeing kids get special treatment because they are "minors".
    Anymore they know that they are doing the wrong thing and count on age to get them off the hook. Guess this one doesn't get to enjoy his 18th birthday.

4. 993kgt

993kgt building an airplane whee

so did the parents, should have raised them better

5. buzzboy

buzzboy mmmmmm bewbies

In most states, if you can flee from the intruder; it is considered manslaughter if you shoot an intruder in your home and kill them.

So as the NRA teaches its subscribers; if an intruder breaks into your home, grab your gun and run to a closet or other room with no windows or other exits.

That way when they corner you, you can shoot them dead and be found innocent due too self defense.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Throw down $5 airsoft ftw

7. 993kgt

993kgt building an airplane whee

would rather kill them, live, and then sort it out later in court

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

No thanks, I'll stick with the Marine Corps doctrine.

"To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy, by fire and maneuver..."

9. buzzboy

buzzboy mmmmmm bewbies

or you could run to your closet, kill them, and then don't worry about it later.

perhaps shout to the intruder, claim to be hot and nekkid and waiting for them in the closet. Then when they corner you, you kill without predjudice.

10. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Fortunely TX isnt one of these states, however I would agree to shoot only of the guy finds you.
    I heard its stupid to go around your house looking for the bad guy, let him come to you.

11. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

For some of you it all sounds great to run through your house like a SWAT team and shoot anyone that's in there...

I'd rather only shoot if they kick through my locked door and only leave my room if I have to go to someone... lawyer fees would get expensive even if there isn't a criminal charge. He's probably going to have TWO civil cases to fuck with now.

12. Accord

Accord New Member

Instead of moving to a closet..... move to a real state like Florida where you'll get a pat on the back and a high five from the officers who respond.

13. Accord

Accord New Member

Fuck that shit.

In Florida, home owners are immune to any civil and criminal action in circumstances such as this. This means some idiot mother can't sue you after you put two JHP's through her "baby's" chest.

14. Accord

Accord New Member

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

15. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

Anyone know where we can go to find out if our states have this castle doctrine?

16. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

packing.org probably has that info. The kids deserved it and I can't say I wouldn't have done anything differantly if I were in his shoes. I hope the guy gets off without any charges.

17. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Nice to have a law that you're immune to civil action.

I think in any legal self-defense shooting, if there are no criminal charges brought up, then there shouldn't be any civil cases.

Just like the shooting here with Percy who shot the local "businessman" who was beating a cop. No criminal charges but the family has been bringing civil cases because they want to find the person "responsible for their son's death"

18. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

thats fuckin WEAK!!! why is it nobody is responsible for themselves these days...? :(

19. Ham Sammich

Ham Sammich New Member

Where did the man shoot the kid? Because if it wasn't a shoot-to-kill shot he should be charged with manslaughter.

20. keleko

keleko yes, he is

break into my house = puts my life in danger = i will kill if if i get the chance

don't like it? don't break in!

:gtfo2: of my internet

21. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

:werd: I will be waiting in my room with my surefire to identify/blind them and my firearm to remove the threat if they decide to break into my room. If they can get away in the 3-4 minutes it takes for the police to respond then good for them, they will have made out with at most some cheap silverware a painting or two and maybe my george foreman. Quite frankly none of that is worth the hassle of a lawsuit IMO.

22. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

If you shoot at someone then you have to have the intention of killing them. Noone expects you to be Annie fucking Oakley. If you miss a vital and they get away but the shooting was justified they're not going to hold it against you :ugh:. News flash! Just because you hit someone with a bullet doesn't mean that they're going to die. You can't exactly chase them down when they're critically wounded and completely helpless and unload a magazine into their skull to make sure you kill them and then call it self defense.

23. Accord

Accord New Member

A Canadian in WMD :mamoru:

24. 007

007 Riden, sliden, whipin and dippin, my chrome strips

You dummys all got the wrong ideas, fuck hiding in a room, find them, destroy them, and then claim you thought you saw a shinny metallic object in there hand. I was taught this by a police officer.

25. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Then get raped by some hippy DA who convinces the idiot jurors here in CA that I wanted to be Rambo by trying to confront some poor child who made a mistake from peer pressure with the intent of using my military style sidearm, which can pass through airport metal detectors, to kill indiscriminately? Then get the civil suit from said dumbshits parents because little Timmy would never hurt anyone and he was always so nice and I took their little clothes hanger-dodging offal away from them? Yeah the cops may pat me on the back but the lawyers would be lining up to take their own shots. For me its not worth the risk.