Hopefully you all will be the people to ask - is there a stretch or an exercise??????

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Jas0n, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jas0n

Jas0n Антихрист

I work in an office at a computer forty hours a week. I don't know for sure why, but for a while now my lower back has been screaming at me. And I think it's getting worse as time goes by.

I had it on good terms that about 90% of lower back pain is caused by some kind of undue stress on the leg or ass muscles, and I learned a few stretches to loosen those parts up a little bit, things I could do in a few minutes someplace out of the way. Well, it does help. Getting out and walking around (especially briskly) helps as well. But the pain returns after a little while, and maybe I can't get up and walk around for ten minutes every hour.

So what I'd like to know is if there's something I'm maybe missing, some kind of cure-all lower back pain stretch that I haven't learned. I was in prime shape a year ago, and I stopped running, stopped working out, almost entirely. I wonder sometimes if I am experiencing pain related to some kind of physical deterioration (from non-use, etc)... is this even plausible?

I may wind up having to see a chiropractor, but if there are some suggestions you all might have, I'd love to hear them. And if this thread is entirely misplaced in this subforum, my apologies.

2. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

google kegals

3. The Great Deceiver

The Great Deceiver 21st Century Schizoid Man

4. Bragasaurus

Bragasaurus New Member

google office ergonomics

5. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

if you sit on your ass all day, stretching is very important.

strengthen up, take some yoga and learn how to stretch. There are lots of back muscles and neck muscle stretches that will do wonders for the office whore.

6. HorseDick

HorseDick Active Member

Get a new chair with better support, start stretching often (dynamic and static - especially your legs/back). Working your abs may also help alleviate back pain.

7. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

sounds like a common form of muscular imbalance based on the fact that you sit at a desk all day. Your lower back is being forced into a stretched position while your abdominals are flexed to keep you folded over.

without writing a book here, the simple answer would be to begin a workout program with the goal being to create balance between your anterior and posterior muscle groups. Perhaps a few sessions with a quality personal trainer would help, or meeting with a chiropractor.

8. 4cd-Air

no way to be sure but his situation sounds like he may need to be working on lower back extention work due to overuse of the abs to maintain a seated at a desk position.

9. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

heavy deadlifts

10. Thomas Crenshaw

Thomas Crenshaw New Member

jk, get a new chair with good lumbar support

11. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

move around a lot. i try to avoid calling/emailing people and just walk and see them instead, even if it does take longer :o

Every so often i'll just stand up and stretch a bit, move around, etc.

12. Hannibal King

Hannibal King OT Supporter

ROFL at you faggots talking about his abs being overworked at his desk job:ugh:

13. Jas0n

Jas0n Антихрист

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Jas0n's MarionBerry: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

Abs? I guess it might make sense. Is there some kind of variant on the situp that can be done without laying down?

Maybe I'll get in the habit of whipping some of them off every so often and the problem will be taken care of.

Thanks fellas

14. 4cd-Air

ok Dr. Science why don't you drop a knowledge bomb on us? You seem to contribute so much to this forum, why not swoop in and solve all of this guy's problems for him? I'm sure with all your vast information stored in that giant fucking brain of yours that you could spare a few minutes to improve his quality of life.

Oh wait that's right, you are a fucking wallflower. Monday morning quarterback. Too scared to give any answer because you know that anything you spew out will get ripped to shreds because you are a dumb piece of shit. Go find a bridge to crawl under, troll, and swallow your fucking pride on the way down.

I'll be waiting on your answer.

15. Daria

Daria New Member

if you spend most of your day sitting, try your best to get an ergonomic chair and get your company to set it up for you. if they don't do that, then research it yourself. This will most likely solve your back problems.

In the meanwhile, you can always get a massage or apply heat to the sore area after work. I find the Cat/Cow stretch is very nice:

http://z.about.com/d/yoga/1/5/h/3/catcowcomp.jpg

16. Daria

Daria New Member

I had lower back pain from an injury and my personal trainer helped me find proper walking shoes and also set up an exercise plan with some exercises to strengthen my back and stomach. No pain anymore.

17. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Glutes and hamstrings need to be stretched in this case. Get a foam roller as well. Use it daily.

Get up and walk around as much as you can at work, too. Find a chair that puts your knees below your hips when sitting. If you can get a workstation that allows you to stand some during the day, do it.

18. Hannibal King

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY THIS FUCKING DUMB YOU STUPID SON OF A BITCH?:ugh:

first of all sitting in a chair does not overwork your abs at all. If that was the case every fat fuck in america would have a bulging six pac. And second of all even if IT did overwork you abs then every person that has 6 pack abs would have lower back problems especially me since i do abs every day.

DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BELIEVE THE BULLSHIT YOU'RE SPEWING OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MOUTH?:ugh2:

19. 4cd-Air

:rofl: ok guy

20. Hannibal King

i know exactly what kind of guy you are. You're the fat flabby fuck walking around the gym thinking you know everything because you've been on F&N for a while and you walk around trying to correct people on their form etc.

Please post your pic so I can then read your post acting like you know everything about body building while i look at your picture at the same time and laugh.

21. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

Filmy?

22. 4cd-Air

too soon, he knows the value of anticipation, he'll wait a month or more at least. this is just some random guy I think.

23. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

24. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

already inquired a week ago if he was an AE.

25. Hannibal King

why do you guys think i'm an AE?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.