Hooking up with someone you live with?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by knucks, Sep 2, 2008.

1. knucks

knucks Active Member

Bad idea, amirite? Fun while it lasts, sucks when you stop?

I live in a co-op house, there's 2 of them. We are in different ones. So far we have just made out. I'm playing the "I'm going to ignore her til she gets my attention" game since I don't really care right now.

Anyone dealt with this situation before, tho?

2. ForgottenSpiral

ForgottenSpiral Hope and Irony OT Supporter

They say don't shit where you eat, but I've always found that having a bathroom close to the kitchen is handy.

3. knucks

knucks Active Member

She seems all right, can't get a total read on her. She's real concerned about what people of the house(s) will think.

It'll be interesting to see later this week when I have a "friend" of mine visiting.

4. Vysion

Vysion New Member

What does this mean?

And how did the make-out session start? Who initiated it?

5. knucks

knucks Active Member

The co-op has 2 houses. Same plot of land, etc etc, physically "separated" by a driveway.

Saturday night was kind of chill, we (group from the co-op) went out to some parties, hung out, came back. Chilled on the porch for a long time talked and everything. I was kinda high but I felt that all day she was kind of coming on to me / flirting with me, so I told myself "Fuck this, what's the worst that can happen?"

So we were kind of touchy feely and then I jokingly say "Stop coming on to me." Yadda yadda, I leaned in to kiss her when we were all alone on the couch. It went from there. She told me we should hang out the next night, Sunday, and we did, same thing ensued.

6. Vysion

Vysion New Member

What's a co-op house?

Sounds like she wants it and you want it... I don't see the problem. :dunno:

You just need to decide wether or not you can deal with the future drama that will ensue.

7. johan

johan Active Member

1 It will end eventually, I doubt you're planning on marrying her.

2 It will be weird when it ends.

3 So what if its weird for a while. That's life.
    LIFE. The downside...meh not that bad. Just get better at handling breakups smoothly, that's all. Its a valuable skill.

4 Just do it already. If you didn't want to, you wouldn't have asked.

8. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

BADDDDD idea

unless it's like soooo fucking casual it's sick --- like a once in a blue moon when you're drunk sort of thing

it also depends on the guy and the girl

you need to be super indifferent about it -- not mature, indifferent, and probably not too deeply attracted (just attracted enough to each other)

overall, bad idea

edit: I have been in this situation somewhat briefly. It was just OK. Could have gotten ugly but we moved soooo who knows.

9. knucks

knucks Active Member

Well I'm going to be living here until the end of the year, so until late April..

So far we haven't done anything to make things too awkward..haven't reached the "point of no return" if that makes any sense.