SRS Hooking up Vs. Relationships

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by college junkie, Dec 20, 2006.

1. college junkie

college junkie New Member

I'm guessing I'm not going to get a huge number of guys who fall in the same boat as me, but just throwing it out there...

I'm a sophomore in college and as it goes I pretty much just hook up randomly all the time. Obviously I can't complain about the random hookups, but after a while it definitely gets old and I kinda want to find something more. Problem is, I've never really had a real relationship and the closest I've been has been with girls in relationships. I have no idea what the deal is and can't really zone in on the problem, but it has really been bugging me lately and especially now that it's winter/holiday season.

Anybody else in the same boat or anyone who has been?

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Hmmm...well, you don't really get in a relationship with someone unless you WANT to be in a relationship with them. So, this tells us something about the women you are hooking up with. Have you gone on any dates with them? Do you have fun being with them? Is there more to them than just sex?

3. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

Try not sleeping with them on the first date. Try picking up girls in the library, not doing a keg stand.

4. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

The problem is you. Seriously you are pursuing girls who are just looking for a quick and easy time. Sit down and learn exactly what you want out of a relationship and then only focus on girls who have those traits. Yeah you won't date as much but you will have more quality over quantity.

It will take a couple dates with a girl to actually get to know her and if she has some of the traits you are looking for. If they don't then move on do not waste your time.

Try events that do not put such an emphasis on booze to meet people.

5. Nev

Nev Active Member

I'm a senior in college and I still hook up with random girls all the time. It's fun, i'm young and not ready to settle down in another relationship. In my opinion, if you want to potentially try to pursue relationships with some of these girls, then don't go for broke the first time you meet them. It's hard to hold back drunk obviously, but if there is one you really think you might be interested in, walk her back to her place or whatever at the end of the night, and instead of going in and going at it, just drop her off at the door...maybe kiss a little and leave her wanting more.

Always leave a girl wanting more.