Hooking up PS2 to Rear Projector??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Frcefed94, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Frcefed94

Frcefed94 New Member

Ok heres the deal. Maybe you guys can help me out. I have a InFocus 5700 rear mount projector hooked up to a onkyo auido reciever and DVD. Now I want to play PS2 on the projector but whenever I hook the Ps2 into the video3 inputs in the front of the receiver, all I get is sound. Im confused what to do. Here is a picture of the back of the receiver. Thanks in advance guys.

[​IMG]

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I assume you have either the composite (yellow) or S-Video connection made to the TV via the "Monitor Out" output? And I assume that you are having no problems with other inputs switched from the receiver? I would plug the PS2 into Video2... When the receiver is selected on "Video 2" you should get the picture on your TV, assuming that the receiver's input is selected on your tv (as opposed to coax, etc)

3. Frcefed94

Frcefed94 New Member

The cable from the projector to the reciever is componet video (green/blue/red) and is plugged into the Componet Video Output (top left of reciever).

4. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

well the reciever is not going to convert the signal from composite (yellow)/ s-video to component, so you are going to have to run composite or s-video (whatever you are using out of the ps2) from the reciever to the projector. i am pretty sure that projector has an extra composite video input. use the monitor out on the onkyo, and whatever input your projector has available for that type of signal.

5. YesterdaysGone

YesterdaysGone Iced Out Platinum Member

after you have done that, you will have to switch your projector to that input, and make sure Vid 3 on the reciever is set to take the composite video in.