hooking up an hdtv to desktop v.drivers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dorkultra, Apr 22, 2007.

1. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

i have a samsung lns4041d lcd screen hooked in currently through vga connected to my desktop. my desktop has an ati all in wonder 9600 128mb card.

my display settings has the display set at 1360x768. my tv's native resolution is 1366x768, a small difference.

the thing that bothers me is that some icons has a little pixelation, when i know they shouldn't. my monitor shows up as play and play monitor in display settings. a couple of weeks ago, out of the blue, my tv shows up as lns4041d and it displayed 1366x768 and things looked perfect.

how can i go about getting drivers to have it work properly? i searched through my available devices, but of course this wasn't listed

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

3. 1999TL

1999TL New Member

It's been a couple of years, but it took me forever to tweak with the powerstrip settings, Finally got it running right, so I guess it was worth the trouble for my HTPC.

4. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

Does your all in wonder card use catalyst control panel? If so under digital flat panel options i think it is and then hdtv you can set your own resolution.

edit: I noticed you are using a vga cable, you may not be able to adjust that setting then but its worth checking out.