hook up alarm to horn?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Mikeveli, Mar 22, 2002.

1. Mikeveli

Mikeveli The Don

right now i have a pretty basic alarm connected to 2 sirens inside my engine bay...the 2 sirens aren't loud for shit...i think it would be much louder for my horn to sound...maybe i can get a new aftermarket horn too...anyone know if this is possible?? i also want to get one of those flashers that cops got, so when my alarm goes off it flashes...do they sell those, and if so can those be hooked up to the alarm?

2. BumpnFD

BumpnFD Why don’t you do a triple fucking axel over to the

what you want is a standard factory alarm. they are shit. just get some higher decible horns. like home security ones or sumptin

3. Blackz28

Blackz28 OT Supporter

why would anyone want a factory alarm. they are worthless. Yes you can hook up your horn too it. You can also get the flashers. they're called strobes. check out the link in my sig, and ask over there.

4. BumpnFD

BumpnFD Why don’t you do a triple fucking axel over to the

but all a factory alarm is is the horn and lights, so just wiring the new alarm wouyld be dumb. just get new horns. and strobes, but im not sure how you would wire the strobes to go off with alarm

5. Blackz28

Blackz28 OT Supporter

that would be completely pointless to get a factory alarm. Dont do it. To wire the strobes of off the alarm, find any wire on the alarm that gives a constant output when the alarm is going up, and splice the strobes into that. If you want more explanations, go to the forum in my sig, and ask there.

6. Mikeveli

Mikeveli The Don

i do not want a factory alarm...all i want to do is hook my current alarm to the horn...right now there is a little siren in my engine bay that u can't hear for shit...i want to hook it up to the horn (factory or aftermarket) because that is louder then the piece of shit siren i have now...

7. Blackz28

Blackz28 OT Supporter

I can run you through doing that, but im gonna need to know what kind of car you have, and what kind of alarm you have. I dont check here very often, so you will get a faster response if you post in my forum, in my sig.