Honda's new 3.0L i-VTEC + VCMS engines are going to own you!!!!1

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by theSadisticBunny, Jun 18, 2003.

1. Honda announces a full model change for the Inspire

Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has announced a full-model change for the Inspire, integrating its Saber and Inspire sedans to create a luxury passenger car that combines refined styling with a sporty ride. Loaded with intelligent technology and other equipment sure to boost its appeal, the fully remodeled Inspire will make its debut on June 19, 2003 at Honda car dealerships across Japan.

The car was introduced in the USA as the Acura TL earlier this year. Part of the production has now been relocated to Japan.

Offering enhancements in the three key areas of sedan performance–driving, turning, and stopping–the fourth-generation Inspire was developed around the concept of a "New Intelligent Tourer", employing Honda's unique, cutting-edge technologies to provide optimum driving pleasure and ensure a ride of unparalleled comfort and quality.

The all-new Inspire features the world's first Collision Mitigation Brake System*1 (CMS) and Honda's E-Pretensioner*1, two technologies on the forefront of pre-crash safety that help prevent collisions through risk assessment and driver warning functions, and mitigate the impact on occupants and vehicle damage in the event a collision occurs.

The Inspire's new 3.0-liter V6 i-VTEC engine features Honda’s newly developed Variable Cylinder Management System, which idles three cylinders during cruising to achieve a combination of ample power and fuel economy of 11.6 km/L*2, on par with that of a 2.4-liter in-line 4-cylinder engine*3. The environment-friendly Inspire meets both Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transportation requirements for Ultra-Low Emissions and 2010 fuel economy standards, making it the only 3.0-liter class sedan to offer a level of environmental performance to qualify for the Japanese government's Green Tax incentives.

The Inspire employs a specialized suspension system and a highly rigid, lightweight body to provide superior passenger comfort and ride quality. An interior design that blends fine quality with the latest advancements, coupled with a variety of amenities to support comfortable long-distance travel, create a space in which occupants can enjoy their ride in any setting, from highway to city driving.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ----------------------
    looks like the American Accord :hs:

2. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

wtf

Japanese Accord is TSX here while American Accord is Inspire there

why cant they just fuckin make the names the same for both countries :mad:

3. Atooraya

Atooraya I'm here to rustle jimmies and chew bubble gum. I'

HAHA! I'm making fun of technology!

4. hot, round and 12 inches long. You like it? :hs: :naughty:

5. ChineseSpoon

ChineseSpoon OT Supporter

hahaha
    that's stupid

6. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

ITS VCMS asshat

7. fr0ng

fr0ng Guest

Have they figured out that engines need torque yet?

8. Atooraya

Atooraya I'm here to rustle jimmies and chew bubble gum. I'

talk yo' shit but u love the CBR? :slap:

9. mucky

mucky .

I really wished the USDM Accord got that grill and that front bumper. :hs:

10. legendary91l

legendary91l DP Ownz Yoo!

Is it just me or am I looking at a souped up version of the U.S. Accord??? :rolleyes:

11. jk

jk Guest

I remember that some domestics have that engine shut off system, but like typical American manufactures.. they never follow through with the full line.

12. RenaultFreak

RenaultFreak OMG

13. Hurricane

Hurricane E=mc^2

Sounds like GM's Displacement on Demand. The dyno chart looked good for a second there, until I realized everything was in metric.

14. hondaluva

hondaluva likes free hugs...

:rofl:

Would you like for me to tell how wrong you are?

15. hondaluva

hondaluva likes free hugs...

:werd:

16. and this too:

[​IMG]

eh well..at least now we all know the TL will have DOHC i-VTEC :bigthumb:

17. SliQ ViQ

SliQ ViQ Active Member

the issue is not the engine.. it's whether or not, they can match up to a tranny that isn't shit.

18. Snowman

Snowman I know the Benzes. OT Supporter

Sounds good.

19. umm..a new tranny was put into the 7th USDm Accord
    last year.

20. SliQ ViQ

SliQ ViQ Active Member

From what I understand.. it isn't all that great either.. I drove the 7th gen accord coupe automatic v6, and wasn't all that impressed.. although it's a HUGE step up from my 6th gen EX-V6, the price wasn't right.

It's a good car, make no mistake.. just not mindboggling, like this post makes it out to be. I'm sure this engine will be nice.

I'm not by any means a car nut, but I do know a solid engine/tranny when I'm driving.

21. It was better than 6th gen? Then at least you'll agree they've identified the problem and working on it. Since this Inspire is more luxo, maybe the tranny will be even more refined or something. Also Honda has decided to purchase trannies from Antanov (sp?). These trannies can be used with unlimited power and are super smooth too. They have a patent on the design.

22. acura RSX = ACURA integra