Honda Fit?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by luxy, Nov 29, 2007.

1. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

Don't know if this is quite the right forum, but oh well :hs:

I'm thinking about buying a new car come spring. The Fit really appeals to me because I often transport large or oddly shaped items, or a high volume of cargo, in my car, and gas mileage is a big concern (my Accord is a bit of a pig). Does anyone have any experience with the Fit? Pros/Cons, bad things they've heard about them, issues, etc.

2. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

No troubles that I know of. They get great mileage. Magic seats are nifty, shifter is the business, power is adequate if you are used to 4-bangers, ride is really tall. Basically, if you drive one and like it and want the space/features for price, there is no reason to not buy it.

Just don't touch it if it has an automatic. You will be... underwhelmed. 109 hp and torque converter don't mix.

3. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

I absolutely hate auto cars, would never buy one. My Accord is an auto, but I couldn't pass it up (it's a '98, got it last year with 43k on it, brand new brakes/oil pan/gas tank/etc, well equipped for 6k [Cdn]). Hoping to buy a Fit LX standard, now just need to decide what colour :)

4. Vicious-S

Vicious-S New Member

fuck standard, get the sport with all that sweet factory aero stuff. fits are fucking sexy.

5. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

I wish... Can't afford the insurance on it :o

6. Tenchuu

Tenchuu New Member

[advertisement voice] Male anal pleasure.................. the fit is Gay!!! [/advertisement voice]

7. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

You sure about that?

It's the same damn car, just with a few plastic bits on the outside, nicer wheels, and better electronics (mp3, cruise, keyless). No reason I can see that it would cost significantly more to insure.

And it's a pretty small price difference for all that good stuff too.

8. Vicious-S

Vicious-S New Member

qft

9. nvusgt

nvusgt New Member

bwaha i thought they were lame when first intro'd in the states. Since having moved to Japan, i've seen a slew of Mugen fits runnin around. Along with numerous others with lip/aero packages, which make them look pretty cool actually.

Overall, stock looks like butt. But if you get an aero kit or whatever and some decent wheels (like 16's), its a sweet lil econo car.

10. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

Car insurance up here (Nova Scotia) is retarded... the difference between a 2dr civic and my 4dr accord was huge because it's a "sporty" car. They see "sport" in the name and <25 age and go "hmm we can assrape her..."

Plus the extra couple grand in the car, more $ on tires, etc. I'm not interested in having a "hot" or "sporty" car (if I want to drive one of those I borrow dad's M3) I want something practical and economical. The Fit model I'm looking at (LX) will already have cruise, keyless, and iLinc (iPod) attachment, so I can deal without the pretty bits.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2007
  11. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Ah, well, there you go then.

Have you looked at/driven it yet? It's a weird car but fun in its weird little way :)

12. luxy

luxy OT Supporter

Haven't driven one more than a couple miles (my grandmother has one but I'm not supposed to drive it because of insurance issues). Going to be driving the grandma's over to the dealership today to get some work done so I should get a better feel for it. First impression was very twitchy but I think I'd get used to it.