Honda Crew: GSR cams in a B16?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by bonylad, Apr 17, 2006.

1. bonylad

bonylad You are all so very predictable.

Can I put GSR cams in my 2000 Si? ITR cams are preferred but I cant
    find any. So any benefit by putting GSR cams in?

TIA

Chris

2. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Any B-series cam will interchange. You can put GSR's in or ITR's but I would recommend the '01 ITR cams if you can find them. They are a little more but they are more aggressive than the previous ones (they are actually identical to the Civic Type R cams).

Yes, you will see benefit, the GSR cam is made to flow more since it's from a larger engine design, also it was supposed to be a faster cam in the first place, just the image they were aiming for with the car it was designed for.

3. Mac Man

Mac Man New Member

Just get custom cams made with idenitcal lift/duration as the ITR cams. it'll probabally be cheaper than buying the actual cams.

4. no7fish

no7fish New Member

Not a chance, ITR cams are only a couple-few hundred (unless you buy from a dealer, but who's gonna do that...) and custom cams will cost you more than that. If you were going to go the custom route then you would be better off getting something more like an aftermarket cam. You can get very good aftermarket ones for $550 or near that new. You can get GSR cams for $80-$150 depending on where you look, and I'm guessing that is moreyour range.

5. hott-nix

hott-nix New Member