Honda Accord radio display failure

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Camaro3800, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Camaro3800

Camaro3800 I show up once a year

So I'm driving one day and the radio display on my 2004 Accord suddenly goes out. I figured it was a fuse...though shortly after I found out it wasn't. Everything worked fine before I pulled the fuse..just could not see the radio display (except under direct sunlight). After pulling the fuse it reset my radio, and now I need to enter a security code before it will once again operate..though my dumbass left the radio code card in my wallet so long the number faded. SO, I researched and found out Honda has issued a service bulliten regarding this...just wondered if anyone else ever had this issue on an Accord. My car is past the warranty period...so will be at the discrection of the Parts/Service Manager at the dealership to fix for free. On another board one guy paid as much as $800 to get this fixed :squint: I am hoping I can get this taken care of "on the house."

2. SilverJettaGLX

SilverJettaGLX OT Supporter

Ive read that they have an updated TSB on this where honda has extended the coverage for this to 7yr,70k

3. babiedollgirl

babiedollgirl Active Member

so you need the code?

4. alltracman78

alltracman78 New Member

Depends, assuming it's out of warrenty.

If you have a good service history there, they are likely to try and cover you [depending how far out of warrenty you are].
    If you took your car to Jiffy Lube to get done all the time, they are less likely to help you...

5. Camaro3800

Camaro3800 I show up once a year

So I talked to a local Honda dealer and the guy told me this is pretty common on the Accord. He said just bring it in and it will be fixed free of charge..wheew.

6. Bernout

Bernout OT Supporter

I've seen this on a 2004 Coupe as well. Dealer fixed for free.

7. dgr81

dgr81 Cam Newton Fan #00001 OT Supporter

Hey, Almost every Accord owner will have this radio backlight issue. In fact, you should have recieved a "warranty extension" from your Honda dealership recently. Good job Honda for realizing it is a big issue and offering to fix them all for free. You should be able to find the actual Bullitin on any Accord forum.