GUN Homeowner thankful for Stand Your Ground law

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, May 5, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.wrdw.com/crimeteam12/headlines/7343636.html

Homeowner thankful for Stand Your Ground law
    Posted: 7:11 PM May 4, 2007
    Last Updated: 7:13 PM May 4, 2007
    Reporter: Stephanie Baker
    Email Address: [email protected]

May 4, 2007

AUGUSTA, Ga.---23-year-old Lakashia Walker was shot while breaking into a home on Grand Boulevard this morning at around 3 o'clock.

Investigators say this is the third time this has happened in just two weeks.

Georgia's law allows you to defend yourself as soon as you feel threatened. And that seems to be what the 84-year-old homeowner did when he says the intruder broke into his garage.

The burglar hopped Frank Sams' fence and busted through his garage door.

"The lock gave away, and she come on in," Sams said.

The World War II veteran says it was the fourth time this week. This time, he was ready.

"I'm 84 years old," he said. "I can't be putting up with this carrying on."

Sams says things like antifreeze, Clorox, and yard equipment have been disappearing. So he waited for five hours and watched as the intruder headed down this path toward his tool shed.

"That's when I shot her," he said.

Investigators say Sams was allowed to shoot thanks to a Georgia law passed in 2006.

"You have a right to protect yourself, and if that includes firearms, so be it," Jim Whitehead, the bill's cosponsor, told News 12.

If you're being attacked, as Sams felt he was, you no longer have to wait for the criminal to come after you. Now you can go after your attacker right away, and even use deadly force to protect yourself.

"It's rough," Sams said. "I try not to bother anybody. I try to do what's right."

Frank Sams says he was able to do what he though was right thanks to the new law, protecting his property, himself, and his family from a late-night intruder.

If you want to know more about that law and how it affects your family, click here to read the full text of the bill.

Lakashia Walker is in critical condition at MCG where she was taken last night.

:bigthumb:

2. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

gotta love ga's position on guns

3. Irish Bs

Irish Bs New Member

:hsugh: I wonder if she was black

4. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Pics of shooter and shootee in the link.. they're both black.. she looks like a crackhead which makes sense cause only a crackhead would steal bleach and antifreeze.

5. iMotionSRT-4

iMotionSRT-4 HO! HO! HO! BITCHES!!

sounds like murder (possibly even pre-meditated) to me...but I guess it's their law.

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It would be a legit shoot in Tx too, probably even Fl and a couple other states. Here in NY he would be charged. I see nothing wrong with what he did, he was being ripped off repeatedly, so he waited to see if they would return. I hope the cunt dies she has nothing useful to contribute to society.

7. iMotionSRT-4

iMotionSRT-4 HO! HO! HO! BITCHES!!

I thought it was if you felt you where in danger. Personally he should have called the cops and said he was being robbed, etc.

Not just sitting there waiting till they come back and shooting them.

Just doesn't seem very justified to me.

NOw had he said something to her and she came at him it might be more self defensive.

but if it stands up, it stands up

8. t1h

t1h Guest

waiting on the cops :hsugh:

Lakaisha would of probably been in the storage shed by the time the cops got there, and she could of been armed and shot the 84 year old guy just as easily. I hate states where you get charged with murder just for trying to protect yourself/your property.

9. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

So, he shot the chick because she was robbing his tool shed? That is enough justified cause to open fire on someone? Where is the threat to "himself"?

Either way, I hope he isn't charged. Sounds like that bitch was a dumb broad anyways. But,... if he was staking it out it seems offely like pre-meditated.

10. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

he should have changed his story

he wanted to work on his car and walked into his garage where he suddenly saw an intruder, cautioned her and lit her up...

can't argue with that

sitting around for 5 hours waiting for the shot sounds a little odd

11. vettefan52

vettefan52 Guest

she came back not once, but 3 additional times after the first... 4 times total. whats to say the next time she didnt come back with a knife and try to rob him or something else? one less nig dead, im not complaining.

12. jeenyus

jeenyus New Member

13. Keesh

Keesh New Member

The way I look at it, if your on someone else's property knowingly with the intent to steal or harm someone, you better be prepared to get shot. I don't know how people can't understand that.