GUN Homeowner shot after Deputy responds to wrong address

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Feb 21, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=local&id=5043640

02/19/2007 - A Fresno County man was shot by a deputy after there was confusion on what address the deputy was responding to.
    Related Links

Friday night, Fresno County Sheriff's deputies went to a home to check on a 911 hang up call.

An officer pulled up to a house to look for a specific address that was hard to see in rural Fowler. It turned out to be the wrong house, but investigators say the homeowner came out with a gun pointed at the deputy.

The deputy felt threatened and shot the homeowner, Donnie Srabian. Srabian's family says he was just protecting his home, and the deputy overreacted.

Srabian faces charges of assaulting an officer. The deputy is on administrative leave.

Copyright KFSN-TV, www.abc30.com, and myabc30.com. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without explicit written permission.

:dunno: Not enough details to make a call

2. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

crappy situation for both

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:werd: Details are lacking with no details on what went down I could see how it can happen from either side.

4. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

The article makes it sound like the guy just pointed the gun at the officer as soon as he got there, which would make the homeowner pretty dumb. I'd say more than likely the cop was walking around the house checking the place out first when the homeowner came outside. Either way it sucks, homeowner is checking to see if someone is trying to break in while the cop thinks the guy with the gun is the reason the 911 call was a hang up.

Definitely needs more info though.

5. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Wonder if the guy was pointing it at him, had it visible, or tucked behind the leg.

I answer the door to strangers with it tucked behind my leg.

6. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Its just a crappy situation, if someone was poking around my property I would at least holster the pistol before having a look and depending on the time of night if there is someone knocking on my door at 2 am I am going to have a pistol nearby. The thing that doesn't make sense is it was a deputy responding to a 911 call so I would think he would be in uniform if not in a marked squad car, kind of hard to mistake that for anything else.

7. sprite

sprite Active Member

"...but investigators say the homeowner came out with a gun pointed at the deputy."

mistake.

8. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

For sure. I am sure the story is written in favor of the law enforcement officer.

9. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

Fucking trashy people never have numbers on their damn houses and cities like the fucking skip numbers or put them in the wrong fucking post. It is hard to find the right house sometimes.

10. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Not enough info. Can see it going either way. Just a crappy situation all around :(

11. cheesesauce

cheesesauce RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE RAPE

Does this guy always answer his door with a gun pointed at the visitor? :ugh2:

12. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I always answer the door with a gun. It's usually hidden though.

13. Big Daddy

Big Daddy New Member

for real, I am a ups guy and deliver into the sticks sometimes.. it sucks.. sometimes you just toss it on the porch and wait to see if you get written up..:)

14. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

More details:
    FRSNO COUNTY, CALIFORNIA – Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims defended the deputy who opened fire on a Fowler homeowner while responding to a 911 call.

Deputies responded to the call in the 7500 block of Walter in Fowler Friday night.

The sheriff said the deputy who fired was faced with a split second decision after a resident came out of his farmhouse covered in a ski mask and carrying a loaded 9mm handgun.

Margaret Mims holding up a ski mask said, “This is what it looked like, this is what the suspect was wearing over his face at the time.”

Sheriff Margaret Mims says Donnie Srabian’s face was covered in a knit mask when he came out of his rural home Friday night running toward a deputy with a gun. “Whether or not the deputy was at the right house, he was confronted with a shoot or don’t shoot situation, ” said Mims.

The deputy was following up on a 911 hangup, but couldn’t find the address where the call came in. When he pulled into Srabian’s driveway, that’s when the deputy was confronted.

The deputy fired several rounds, hitting Srabian once in the abdomen, and leaving bullet holes in the house.

Srabian’s attorney says his client heard a loud bang and screeching outside when he picked up a handgun and went to check things out. “What reason in the world would Donnie Srabian have for coming out and getting in a shooting stance, pointing a gun at a police officer in a marked vehicle unless he did not know that was an officer, ” said attorney Salvatore Sciandra.

Sheriff’s officials say the deputy was just about to get out of his marked patrol car when he saw Srabian come out of the house toward him. Mims said, “Within 2 seconds, he took an active shooting stance and pointed the handgun directly at the deputy.”

Srabian’s attorney disputes that saying his client never pointed it at the officer. Instead, he claims Srabian was blinded by a spotlight shining on him and couldn’t see who was in his driveway. The sheriff’s department says the officer, who was alone at the time, feared Srabian would fire if he didn’t first.

Srabian is still recovering at University Medical Center where he is under arrest for assault with a deadly weapon on a peace officer.

The Sheriff will forward the investigation to the District Attorney on Wednesday.

15. Gimik

Gimik New Member

ugh. what a shitty situation. He should never have gone outside and why the hell was he wearing a ski mask?!

16. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

ski mask ftl :rofl:

17. JaimeZX

JaimeZX Formerly of :Sep 2001: fame - Also: Sprout Crew OT Supporter

Zip code data: County population is 62,000, 93% white with a median income of just under $40k. Rural, 26 miles from San Bernardino.

18. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Ok well if someone came out of the house with a ski mask and gun in hand and was coming at me I'd of blasted him too.

19. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

:bowrofl: I could only make it through this much of the article:

What a fucking dumbass :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

20. Chris

Chris New Member

:werd:

21. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

Sounds like the homeowner was an idiot. A marked car, and he comes out with a ski mask. THEN assumes a shooting stance. not smart at all.

22. itchiban

itchiban New Member

WTF ski mask? :rofl:

23. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt New Member

payout denied!

24. AlcoLOLic

AlcoLOLic New Member

A ski mask....bwaaaaaaahahaha

25. terrist

terrist Cowboy President > All other World Leaders

maybe it was cold out:hsughno: