GUN Homeowner shoots burglar/exfriend

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 25, 2008.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Protecting his own
    http://www.timesonline.com/articles/2008/01/23/news/doc479557fccb07b294095117.txt
    By Larissa Theodore, Times Staff
    Published: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 9:36 PM EST
    DARLINGTON — Keith McCue met Gary Brooks II about nine months ago, when the two realized they had each adopted pit bull puppies from the same litter and decided to let their pets play together.

Brooks, 26, of 103 First St., Darlington, visited in McCue’s yard, but the budding friendship soured when, McCue said, Brooks offered him cocaine.

“I told him to get off my property, and I told my wife I didn’t want him around my house,” McCue, 23, said.

The two didn’t speak again, he said, although they saw each other around town. The last time McCue saw Brooks was about three months ago, he said, as Brooks was leaving the One Stop Shopper convenience and hardware store on Second Street.

The two would eventually cross paths again.

McCue and his wife, Sheri, 21, were sleeping around 5:30 a.m. Friday when two men kicked in the front door of their home at 800 Plumb St. Sheri awoke, hearing barking from one of her crated dogs and saw the silhouette of a man standing inside the bedroom. She gripped her husband’s arm and woke him in time to see one of the men pass her husband’s rifle to the other. When one of the intruders leaned over his wife, McCue said that’s when he grabbed a handgun he keeps at his side.

The burglars fled, threatening to kill McCue, state police said. Fearing for the safety of his 1-year-old daughter and pregnant wife, McCue, a hunter, gave chase and fired one shot down the stairway and struck a man, whom he later learned was Brooks, in the head. Brooks dropped to the floor and crawled halfway out the front door before he collapsed, Keith McCue said.

Ashlea Santiago, 17, McCue’s cousin, who lives across the street, said she heard two gunshots. Her mother called police.

“It was scary,” Santiago said.

McCue said it was a good thing his cousins called police since he doesn’t have a home telephone, and both the family’s cell phones were downstairs.

The other intruder was later identified as Kelvin Raines, 41, of 1700 Sixth St., New Brighton, police said. He escaped into the street, taking McCue’s rifle with him, and fled in a car driven by a woman, police said. He was later apprehended and taken to the Beaver County Jail, where he is being held on $75,000 bond. The woman has not been identified, police said.

State police said Brooks was still alive as of Saturday morning, but they did not know his condition on Monday.

South Beaver Township police, who patrol Darlington, called Friday’s burglary an isolated incident.

Still, Santiago was upset by what happened and said she doesn’t feel safe.

“I’m afraid that my house is going to get broken into,” she said.

Meanwhile, McCue said some are praising him as a hero, but he doesn’t see it that way.

“I don’t consider myself a local hero. I just consider myself someone who protected their family. Anybody with children would have done the same thing,” he said.

With one man now behind bars and the other in the hospital, McCue said he does feel “a little bit safer.”

“But at the same time,” he added, “you don’t know who they’re related to.”

McCue said rumors also have been circulating about what really happened at the house. And he’s gotten some icy glares from “anti-gun” people. Still, he said he isn’t moving anytime soon.

“The detectives were telling me I need to move. I’m not moving. The only thing I regret is not having both of them lying on my floor,” he said.

Larissa Theodore can be reached online at [email protected].

==

Good shoot, don't know what handgun he used but he should of got a bigger one.

2. Hooch

Hooch New Member

I can hear engines revving and crated pitbulls barking at mobile home parks all over the nation for this guy.

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

shot in the head and still alive. wonder what he was using.

4. CString

CString New Member

maybe he wasn't using a small round, the guy was just a badass. cocaine's a helluva drug. :eek3:

5. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

:rofl: for what?! defending his baby girl and pregnant wife? :ugh2: what is wrong with anti-gun people

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

call the cops and wait patiently for them while they kill your baby and rape your wife. That's what a good democrat would do.

7. smartypants

smartypants New Member

This story doesn't add up.
    I bet more comes out.

8. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

the events after the two people illegally enter the property seems relatively straight forward.

However I agree that after months of nothing really happening and not having seen each other for 3 months . . . I guess I could be trying to put order to chaos or he could have been high and it sounded like a good idea.

9. smartypants

smartypants New Member

I'm guessing there was a drug debt, but I'm also a cynical fuck.