Homemade Paintless Dent Removal?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Pussysmith, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Pussysmith

Pussysmith Banned

Backed into a tree in my yard :rofl:. Dent is about 10" tall with no seams involved, just on the tailgate of my Grand. I don't need it to be perfect, but I would like to pop it out without making it worse. I know that I should hair dryer the paint from the backside but that is all I know. After I get the paint hot so it doesn't crack how do I pop it all out? What do I hit it with?

2. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

hire a dent guy and he'll probably get it out for $100 or so. but if you must.. take everything off the back to get access.. get a rubber mallet and tap it LIGHTLY from the backside mutiple times until you get it to somewhat decent. dont hammer it as it might crack the paint or cause creases you dont want, just tap lightly and be patient. i also heard of bodyshop guys getting dings out with a spoon. good luck!

3. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

plunger. pull from the outside.

and the spoon is a tool used in a body shop. not the soup or teaspoon you are thinking of.

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

5. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

really? my buddy who does paintjobs said he uses an actual tablespoon. :rofl:

6. xivera

xivera Active Member

7. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

hmm.. compressed air in on my next shopping list.

8. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

:eek3:

9. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

i dunno.. seems like it might work for small dings and such. it has a nice curve to it. but i swear, i was like.. an actual spoon? and he said yes, a tablespoon. maybe he was being sarcastic? :rofl: