SRS Home

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mizers_girl, Aug 10, 2007.

1. mizers_girl

mizers_girl I'm like a souperhero with no motivation or powers

I was talking to a friend of mine tonight and I told him that I was ready to go home. He said, "I thought that's why you moved back". I said, "it was.. but its not home". He asked where home was.. and the first thing that came to mind was death..

No.. I'm not lookin to kill myself... but that thought scared me.

I'm just ready to go home

2. DarkDruid

DarkDruid The Power of The Awesome

Well I suppose if you take the idea that we hall come from the earth and death is just the part of the cycle where we are recycled it isn't a big deal.

I think a certain points in your life you can't find home because the places you used to call home don't feel like home.

3. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I agree with darkdruid.

How old are you?

4. mizers_girl

24. Been moving at least once a year for the past 6 years.. .gettin really old. I want a place of my own, my man by my side to take care of me (lame i know) and my family.

5. Malkavian Star

Malkavian Star New Member

Doesn't sound lame to me.

6. Asses Maximus

Asses Maximus Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Guns d

Why the constant moving?

7. mizers_girl

Went to school for 3 years, graduated and tried a new city.. turns out I hated that after a few weeks.. but stayed for a year. Had an offer to go to another city so I went for 6 months... then I went back to the school's town for a few months and now I'm here. Job's have been varied, nothing really consistent.

8. familyguy101

familyguy101 New Member

I can't really give you much advice. Just try and get a job that you like??????

9. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well in terms of spirituality the earth is not our natural home, so returning to the universe once you've died is to be considered as returning to your natural home. But killing yourself isn't the way because we are here on earth for a reason namely to learn all kinds of life lessons,and you can't skip these steps before you can return home. So maby this emotion unconsiously comes from your soul that realises the origin of your natural home.

10. Redneck Shinobi

Redneck Shinobi Well Jules, the funny thing about my back is that

Home is where ever you make it. I am originally from a city/town in Ontario (Kingston). I came out West for school and when I got here I instantly fell inlove with the city. I wasn't planning on even living out here after school, but now I never want to leave.

Maybe if you have the money and way do some travelling. Read about cities from people who live there. Find activities you like to do and see what it has to offer you. Hell even travel the world if your qualifications can take you there. Go try and work in Europe or some other country, you never know. I would love to retire in Mexico. I know a lot of people find it weird, but my experience of being in Puerto Vallarta changed my dream retirement.

11. ahtnamas

ahtnamas OT Supporter

I know the exact feeling you are describing to a tee.

I don't normally post in here, but I felt compelled to in this thread because I have been thinking the same thing recently. I in no way want to kill myself, I just feel lost and without a "home" per-se. I feel awkward and strange everywhere I am. I'm going to try moving in with my boyfriend in CA in a month, perhaps that will change things. I really don't know.

I wish I could offer advice, but I really don't have any. Just know that you aren't the only person feeling displaced.

12. mizers_girl

I'm glad there's someone who feels the same out there. Thank you.

Unfortunatly.. I can't even see my "boyfriend" when I want thanks to our situation.. and he lives 25 min.s away. I really think the only reason I keep my cool is cause of my pup. He's my knight in shining fur.

Btw.. for anyone who's thinking it... one of the first things I said was I am not thinking of killing myself. In fact, I made a promise to someone a long time ago that I would never hurt myself again.. I'm keepin it as best I can

13. Terra Matris

Terra Matris Guest

I know how you feel; I felt it myself once.

What you need to do is become "rooted" somewhere; and in this place you will find happiness with yourself as a person. You will find contentment with your surroundings and you will find love in your heart.

You don't need any specific person, place or thing to become "rooted;" you need to become happy with yourself as a person and content with yourself and a member of the world' family.

Good Luck!