Home: univ. remote control help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by pooh, Jul 7, 2004.

1. pooh

pooh voight-kampff

So i want to consolidate my remotes, 4, counting me using the ps2 controller as a wired one.

I need to control:

RCA 37" TV
    AIWA AV-S17 200w receiver
    TEAC PD-700M 6 disc changer
    PS2(dvd player)

my primary problem right now being that I have a tv remote, receiver remote, and the ps2 controller. The TEAC has no remote, and i'm unable to find one online.

So why not consolidate. I checked epinions and couldn't make head or tail of this shit because i'm not sure what to look for functionality/battery life/form factor wise.

any help is greatly appreciated. :big grin:

2. el_gato_negro

el_gato_negro New Member

These guys make a damn fine remote. They tend to be a bit pricey, but that's for a reason: cheap universal remote controls are teh suck. At least as far as getting ALL the buttons you need, flexibilty etc.

The above link is their consumer stuff. I have and have programmed the MX-700...I imagine the consumer stuff has a gentler learning curve.

I guess Radio Shack's touchscreen remote is decent, but I have no personal experience. HTH. :)

EDIT: Shit! Beaten. :fawkd:

3. pooh

pooh voight-kampff

thank you for the link and personal experience bit, i appreciate it. =]

4. jigga

jigga while your gun's raisin, mine is blazin

I might be a little late on this, but you need to look into Harmony remotes. They are now owned by Logitech and you can customize your remote on the Internet anyway you like to control anything you like, even your lights!