Home theater speaker question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Wonka, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Wonka

Wonka Guest

Anyone running 4 floor standing for both the mains and surrounds?

I can't figure out what the downfall would be (except for price). I understand that the speakers would be a higher power than necessary. Aesthetically, I think it would be nice.

2. CLTypeS

CLTypeS Guest

No problem with running four full range floorstanders. Actually it's preferred. Gives you better bass response and, I think, a better soundfield.

3. soul assassin

soul assassin GTR eater

i am running 4 towers just the rears don't have the powered subs in em, sounds way better then the old psb bookshelf set up i had before

4. Wonka

Wonka Guest

Hmmm...I just hope the speakers I'm looking at can be driven by my future receiver (Denon 3802/4802) properly by the surround channels, without amplification.

5. The only problems I can think of is:

1. Some cheaper (or older) recievers have a 8 or 12 ohm ratings; you can run into problems if your trying to power high end speakers.

2. Depending if your trying to run Pro-logic, DTS, or THX; you might have problems with imaging from the rear.

3. The sound field might be unequal depending on where the speakers are placed (distance & angle) from seating position.