GUN Home owner holds burgler at gunpoint with unloaded gun

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Dec 22, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

http://www.eagletribune.com/nhnews/local_story_355094537/resources_printstory

Homeowner holds burglary suspect at gunpoint

By Margo Sullivan , Staff writer
    Eagle-Tribune

PELHAM - Armed with an unloaded shotgun, a local homeowner held off a burglar yesterday morning until police arrived.

"My heart has never pounded that hard," said Michael Pacheco, 39, of Sherburne Road, as he described how he nudged the gun on the burglary suspect's forehead and pushed him away from his home as his 3-year-old daughter waited inside.

The trouble started when Pacheco, home on a six-week layoff from his job, saw a youth breaking into a shed behind his house and confronted him.

The suspect, Joseph Guillemette, 18, of Pelham has been charged with burglary, according to police.

According to police Sgt. Michael Pickles, Guillemette allegedly drove his car down a long driveway behind 89 Sherburne Road and backed up to a locked shed. But when he tried to break into the shed, he was confronted by Pacheco.

"I observed this kid for quite a while before I did what I did," Pacheco said in a telephone interview last night.

At first, he went out and shouted at the youth but did not bring a gun with him. Pacheco said the youth is about the same age as his own son.

The youth was startled when confronted, Pacheco said, and initially told him he was looking for his dog.

Pacheco said he didn't believe the dog story and demanded to see the burglar's driver's license. When the youth got into his car, Pacheco stopped him.

"I jumped on his back and took the keys out of the ignition," he said.

Pacheco went back to his house to call police, but Guillemette was determined to get his car keys back. He came up to the house and started knocking on the door, Pacheco said.

Pacheco said the knocking alarmed him because his daughter was in the house. He decided to use the unloaded gun to scare the youth and force him away from the house until police arrived.

Pickles said the call came into police at about 9:34 a.m. to say the homeowner was holding a man at gunpoint.

"This kid was not afraid," Pacheco said. "It's the generation."

Pacheco said that although his gun was unloaded, he is trained in firearms and was prepared to fire. :ugh2:

"I had rounds in my hand and in my pocket," he said.

Police took Guillemette into custody. He was arraigned yesterday in Salem District Court, where a judge set bail at $100,000. He was being held at the county jail in Manchester last night.

Pacheco wouldn't say if he would confront a burglar again if faced with a similar situation.

====
    I applaud the guy for standing up for his property but that was pretty dumb if you ask me, if he had the shells he should of had them in the gun, if that kid had a weapon of his own the guy could of easily been fucked.

2. Gimik

Gimik New Member

horribly brave, yet stupid. Why even bring the shells? Was he gonna stop and load if things went bad?

3. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

this guy did a lot of shit i would not have done, unarmed. why not just get the plates and call the cops?

and who would jump on someones back, steal their keys, from the ignition, and just walk away. im surprised fists weren't flying by then.

4. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

I bet that the kid was shitting bricks. Yah that guy has more balls than brains to not load one first.

5. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

His assessment of the situation and his call. after all he has to deal with any and all consequences. I'm glad the kid got what was coming to him and I hope the guy doesn't get buried under some legal muck. Granted if I ever felt the need to bring a gun into play it would be loaded. Then again I always have at least one loaded gun around.

6. Immortal1

Immortal1 New Member

that legal muck could very well happen since this happened in mass

7. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

What was he thinking? Prepared to fire an unloaded gun?

8. johan

johan Active Member

maybe he unloaded the gun when the cops came, so he could claim it was unloaded the whole time, and try to avoid legal probs.

This did happen in Mass after all.

9. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

my heart would be pounding too if I was trying to protect myself with an unloaded gun :rofl:

fucking dumbass.

What good is an unloaded gun?

10. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Wonder what he observed the kid doing that he thought it'd be a good idea to trap the kid by stealing his keys. The most ideal (okay, 2nd most ideal) result of an armed defense is a retreat of the bad guys. Forcing them to hang around is....stupid.