home network to share files

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jct_4628, Dec 23, 2005.

1. jct_4628

jct_4628 New Member

Im trying to set up a home network to share my files. I have a wireless router that all the compuers are hooked too. I ran the "set up home office network" in windows XP on the computers and set it up the same way. One one computer I can see the others in the network but it says permission denied. On the other computers I cant see anything but that computer. I have set up shared folders and everything, and I cant figure out what to do next.

2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

Remove 3rd party firewall software to start if you have them installed. If you're running XP Pro, make sure the username/passwords are the same on all the computers.

3. jct_4628

jct_4628 New Member

Ok, I got the network set up, and on one computer, it cant view anything. On the other, when I click "view network computers" they show up. But then I click on the other computer to access it, and this is the message that pops up.

\\Jason is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Any ideas?

4. rocklee

rocklee New Member

make sure all computers "WORKGROUPS" says MSHOME

right click my computer > properties > workgroup MSHOME (change if it doesn't say)

then just go to all da computers and share what u want to share
    example...right click my documents > sharing and security > check share this folder on the network

sucks to have a wireless router IMO...