Home Network Problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PJThomas, Dec 24, 2003.

1. PJThomas

PJThomas Member

Ok, here's the situation. I have 2 WinXP machines connected to a Belkin router, that's connected to my cable modem. For some reason the computers don't see each other. Their network settings are identical. I even tried running the network setup wizard, which did nothing. The only way I can connect from one computer to the other is using their IP addresses. Any suggestions?

2. 01000101

01000101 New Member

are they in the same workgroup? have you rebooted both since you changed anything on either? it is windows, remember

3. PJThomas

PJThomas Member

yes and yes

4. PJThomas

PJThomas Member

When I try to veiw the workgroup I get this message: "[workgroup name] is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available."

5. Little Spunky $#!T

Little Spunky $#!T :cool:

That is a common error. I personally think that the built in microsoft network is just shit. Mine finally works fine, but it never use too. Here are a few things just to check and make sure you have configured right:

• Make sure file sharing is allowed
      [​IMG]
    • If you run a firewall, besides your routers firewall, make sure its not blocking your network
    • make sure the TCP/IP connections are obtained automatically
      [​IMG]