GUN Home Invasion Stopped With A Gun

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by twistid, Mar 31, 2009.

1. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

Winfield, Kansas - A man and wife awoke to the sound of a stranger standing in their kitchen Sunday morning at 2:30. But, the man did not get away.

The man and woman each own guns, and the pair stunned the suspect when they pulled out their guns and called police.

The couple held the suspect in their front yard until police arrived to take the man away.

http://www.ksn.com/news/local/42167392.html <---(more posted later)

Homeowners detain burglar at gunpoint

An intruder to a home on Cabrillo Drive found himself held at gunpoint early Sunday morning.

At 2:30 a.m. Sunday, the Winfield Police Department received a 911 call from the Anthony Johnstone residence at 3009 Cabrillo Drive. The caller said an intruder was in their home, and they were holding him at gunpoint.

Officers responded and found the suspect outside the home with the homeowner holding him at gunpoint.

The suspect, Charles Leroy William II, Winfield, was placed in custody. During the investigation, it was learned that the suspect had driven his vehicle into the backyard of the residence and gotten the vehicle stuck.

The suspect then entered the residence and removed items from the home. The Johnstones heard noises inside the home and got up to investigate. They found the suspect inside their residence and held him at gunpoint until officers arrived.

"I'm not sure how the suspect's car got into the backyard of that residence to get stuck," said Winfield Police Department Master Patrolman and Investigator David Dougherty after he read the report. There is no alley behind the property. "I don't know if he just drove through the yard into the back or what."

Williams was booked into the Cowley County jail and charged with aggravated burglary, felony theft and criminal damage to property.

http://winfieldcourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=29594 <---(be sure to also read the reader comments. :rofl: )

2. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

They are lucky the cops didn't gun them down. I don't think I would ever try to hold a home invader at gun point. If he finds himself in the sights of my 870, then he is going to be full of "00" and will likely be leaving my home in a bag.

3. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

If you put a light on them and hands go up and they say "don't shoot" why would you go through all the hassle of killing somebody? Plus I know I wouldn't feel good about killing someone unarmed, criminal or not. Just tell them to get down, spread out their limbs, and have them face away from you so they can't see what you're doing. Call the cops, tell them you have them at gunpoint, stay on line with dispatch until cops arrive, they will tell you what to do from there.

I'm not a pacifist but there's no need to take a human life if there's no apparent threat.

4. twistid

the cops around these parts are better trained... when they're told that the one holding the gun is the good guy, they don't shoot them. :mamoru:

5. smartypants

smartypants New Member

Just shoot the fucker.

6. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

If I have a shot, then I am going to take it. If he turns and runs when he realizes I am armed, then I won't shoot him in the back as he is running out the door.

As I talked about in a thread last week.... If possible, I am calling the cops and staying in my bedroom with my shotgun trained on the door. If an intruder tries to venture into the bedroom, then he is probably looking to do more than just grab my plasma tv and run...

7. twistid

from the tv interview i'm hoping they post up soon... the cops found her cell, laptop and other items in the car(he also drank some wine.)... he had been there about a 1/2 hour before these people realized there was somone in the house... the husband chased him out the front door, the bad guy came back in through the back... the wife grabbed her .357 from the bedroom, and walked him out the front door... while yelling for the husband... the police response time from the call was 5 minutes.

8. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

I think it would be pretty easy to figure out if you shot someone in self defense or just because... Have fun in jail. :wavey:

9. P-chan

P-chan New Member

I agree. Plus, with modern forensics/blood spatter/ballistics, if they wanted to, they could prove that the intruder had his arms in the air (empty) pretty easily. It wouldn't even take a fancy CSI team - GSR or buckshot on the back of the intruders forearms would give them a clue....

It could certainly bite your ass in court if they could prove that you shot a guy who had his arms in the air.

10. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

:werd:

11. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

Castle Law FTW.

I don't WANT to shoot anyone... I just won't pass on a clean shot at a home invader to try and take him into custody. If he didn't want to get shot, then he should not have forcibly invaded my home.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  12. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

bloodthirsty sumbitches in here.

if they don't present a threat there's no reason to go through all the rigmarole of taking someone's life unnecessarily, castle doctrine or not.

13. Radicus

Radicus OT Supporter

Meh, I would have fun "challenging" someone at gun point. It would be like my days in the military.

14. smartypants

smartypants New Member

:rofl:

no

15. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

*shrug*
    shoot first, ask questions later
    then call your lawyer
    then the police

16. smartypants

smartypants New Member

What is his value to society exactly?

17. twistid

i blame too much crime tv.

18. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Hey, I think he's scum just as much as the next gun nut but blood on my hands is the last thing I want unless necessary.

19. twistid

keeping privately owned prisons alive.

20. smartypants

smartypants New Member

The CSI effect is such a pain in the ass
    60 year old housewives on juries think they're fucking Dexter

21. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

IMHO, anyone forcibly breaks into my house IS a threat. I will assume that he is armed, and not give him the chance to draw/shoot me by attempting to take him into custody. I am not police or military, and am not trained for that.

Weren't you just arguing with me last week that you should not warn an intruder that you are armed... and rather just surprise him and take the shot before he even knows you are there??

22. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

Blood is pretty easy to wash off your hands. I am more worried about getting blood/brains/guts all over my new carpet. :rofl:

23. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

if you leave him alive, you can force him to pay the cleaning bill
    though your insurance should probably cover it...

24. twistid

when i used to do my ride alongs, these shows were just starting... every single officer i rode with hated them, and predicted there were going to be a million or more armchair investigators if the shows lasted.

25. twistid

if you leave them alive, then it becomes harder to prove you needed to use such force... if you shoot, shoot to kill... not hurt.