GUN Home Invasion Has Happy Ending

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Joe_Cool, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Joe_Cool

Joe_Cool Never trust a woman or a government. Moderator

This is the top story on the front page of today's Albuquerque Journal:

Friday, January 22, 2010

Bold Home Invasions Raise Fears

By Jeff Proctor
    Journal Staff Writer

A North Valley homeowner shot and killed a man who was trying to break through his door with a wood-splitting maul early Thursday morning, police said.

Investigators believe Dimas Apodaca, a 43-year-old convicted sex offender and armed robber, may have been looking for the people who previously lived in the home in the 100 block of Pueblo Luna NW, Bernalillo County Sheriff's Sgt. Mark Kmatz said.

Sheriff's deputies found Apodaca lying dead in the front yard shortly after 3 a.m., he said.

Investigators questioned all of the residents, Kmatz said. None of them was arrested, and investigators don't expect that charges will be filed.

"Everything we've learned indicates that this was self-defense," he said. "They all said they had no idea who he was."

Law enforcement has been familiar with the Pueblo Luna home for years, Kmatz said, but not with the new owners, who moved in last summer.

"There's a long criminal history at that house with previous owners," he said. "So (Apodaca) could have been targeting the people associated with that previous activity, which included drug dealing out of that house."

Authorities had been called to the house several times during the past few years, Kmatz said, for narcotics and violent fights. On one occasion, a neighbor was attacked with a bat.

No other recent crimes in the area have matched Thursday's incident, he said.

"When something that blatant, that specific happens, it's pretty much never random," Kmatz said. "We haven't seen anything like that in the area that matches this by motive."

Investigators were still searching late Thursday for a dark-colored El Camino that was seen leaving the Pueblo Luna home after the shooting, he said. There had been one or two occupants inside.

Apodaca has a lengthy criminal history that dates to the mid-1980s, court records show. His convictions include aggravated burglary, robbery, marijuana distribution, two DWIs, auto theft and shoplifting.

In 1998, Apodaca was convicted of criminal sexual penetration of a minor under 13 years of age, according to court records. He has twice pleaded guilty to charges of failing to register as a sex offender. ​

:bowdown: Brings a tear to my eye.

2. 3dfx!

3dfx! New Member

3. ZeroSkillet

ZeroSkillet Matt Hughes > *

4. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

Nice. Looks like this guy got what he deserved.

5. Rip The Jacker

Rip The Jacker New Member

Yeah I'm sure the home owner is really happy that he had to kill somebody.

6. BlueApocalypse

BlueApocalypse New Member

OH MY GOD I KILLED SUCH A BAD PERSON FOR TRYING TO BREAK IN TO MY HOUSE. :wtc:

7. Joe_Cool

Whether he is or not, I'm sure he's happy that the somebody didn't kill him. :bigthumb:

8. SolidRanger

SolidRanger New Member

While the world is better place without this scumbag, let's not pretend that it's an easy thing to have to deal with killing another person. I'm sure the guy is happy that he and his family are save and alive, but I'm sure he hates the fact that he had to do this.

9. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

this .

killing someone accidentally would be awful and i don't know how someone could recover, but killing a shit head trying to get at your family, i think most could deal with that :)

10. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

This was here on the 19th:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2010/jan/19/homeowner-fatally-shoots-man-during-home-invasion/

11. Foolish

Foolish Well-Known Member

How is someone guilty of all those crimes still on the street.

12. Joe_Cool

He served his sentences, I guess. :dunno:

I am a firm believer in three-strikes laws. Three felonies should add up to life in prison, and three serious misdemeanors should add up to a felony.

13. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

Judges are weak and our judicial system sucks. Look at the guy who killed the 4 police officers in Seattle - he had been convicted in the 70s of murdering his own brother. He only served 5 years and got out, only to be convicted of EIGHT more felonies. He then moved to Seattle and got arrested on another, only to be let out on bond, which is when he went into to coffee house and killed the officers inside.

Simply put - judges in this country are a bunch of fucking retards. They prosecute and convict just about every single DUI case and give some jail time and hefty fines. When some who have no record get arrested on possession, they get sent to jail or prison for 6 months to a year. Despite this, someone who is a fucking 9 time felon who has a history of violence and not changing their behavior keeps getting what amount to slaps on the wrist. It shows how fucked up and shitty our judicial system has become. I guess they don't seem to realize that if someone gets out of prison and continues to commit felonies, multiple times, they will never learn and should never be free again.

14. crazynova

crazynova OT Supporter

For the record, I speak from experience. I see and deal with people every day that have been arrested 50+ times. Shit, I see people who get arrested 10 different times for the same fucking thing before they even go to court for the first. You know what happens when they get to court? The judge throws out all but the first one and gives them a slap on the wrist for it.

15. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

if the whites and asians didn't fill up the prison system maybe there would be more room to put criminals in prison longer,,,,,oh wait......something in the sentence is opposite of what it should be.......lol

16. Matt2000ss

Matt2000ss OT Supporter

I hope he shoots his realtor next.

17. Mikael

Mikael OT Supporter

In 1998, Apodaca was convicted of criminal sexual penetration of a minor under 13 years of age, according to court records. He has twice pleaded guilty to charges of failing to register as a sex offender.

18. Mikael

Mikael OT Supporter

making room for drug addicts