GUN Home invader gets .44 to the chest

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Nov 13, 2006.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Man who kicked in door is fatally shot
    By DAN X. McGRAW
    STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

A 22-year-old Fort Worth man died early Saturday in Tyler after he kicked in a door and was shot multiple times by the homeowner, police said.

Justin A. Herrera, 22, a University of Texas at Tyler student, died at the East Texas Medical Center from gunshot wounds to the chest, Tyler police said.

Robert Delk, 63, told police that he and his wife were awakened about 4:30 a.m. by banging on their door, said Don Martin, a Tyler police spokesman. As a precaution, Delk grabbed his .44-caliber Magnum, and as Delk approached the door, Herrera kicked it in.

"He was shot more than once as he came into the house," Martin said. He said he did not know how far into the house Herrera had gotten.

After being shot, Herrera left the house and collapsed in the driveway, Martin said.

Herrera, who public records show is from southeast Fort Worth, had no connections with Delk, who owns a photography company in Tyler. Police are still attempting to determine why Herrera kicked in the door.

"We don't know if he was mistaken about whose house he was at or what," Martin said. "The circumstances are still unclear."

Police are trying to determine why Herrera was in the neighborhood and why he was wearing only jeans, Martin said.

"That's the one clue that is strange," Martin said. "It's not the type of clothing that you would be wandering around in on a cold night."

According to public records, Herrera has been involved in criminal activity before and has served time in prison. His most recent sentence was three months on a criminal mischief charge. He had also been in prison for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, burglary of a vehicle and two misdemeanor charges of driving while intoxicated.

Police have not located a vehicle at the scene that has ties to Herrera, and they do not know how Herrera got to Delk's house, which is more than three miles from Herrera's apartment, Martin said.

Investigators will present the case to a grand jury, but Martin said it was too early to tell whether charges would be brought against Delk.

"This isn't something we normally see," Martin said.

Damn took a couple rounds of .44 and still made it out to the drive way, cocaines a helluva drug.

2. 993kgt

993kgt building an airplane whee

:bowdown: texas

3. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Omg 44 magnum, his body should have been ripped in half!!!!

Remember when we get into caliber debates, handguns suck.

I believe I would poop myself if I ever heard someone kicking in my door at 430am ;)

4. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

..at which point I tactically soiled myself..

:rofl:

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I love that the article said nothing about it being a bad idea to defend yourself like all those other articles.

"He did good, but we don't reccommend anyone else do this. He could have gotten hurt" :ugh:

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well if liberals had their way when some poor underprivileged person broke into your home you would have to give them all your valuables and offer to to let them fuck your wife/gf/sister/mother/daughter

7. gyeagle1

gyeagle1 New Member

Hey asshole if you kill all the Mexicans You better be ready to come mow my lawn asswipe :x: ...............:sadwavey: :rofl: ...........& bring that other asswipe Satanic Goatslayer to pull weeds

8. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

God bless TX

9. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

:mamoru:

10. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

outstanding

11. AngryPotato

AngryPotato New Member

I'd shake this man's hand and take him and his wife out to dinner.

12. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

:naughty:

13. Powderburn

Powderburn New Member

man thats a good story.....i sometimes think id have trouble keeping a focused head on my shoulders if a person kicked my door in....my heart would be slamming against my chestplate....i guess thats where a good class on home defense tactics pays off.

thankfully my apartment is laid out in a manner that ive got plenty of good concealment corners to engage an intruder effectively.
    ive even told my g/f that her job in the event of a break-in is the "911 dialer" and id grab the pistol.

14. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Oh shut the fuck up already. Give up on the the all liberals hate guns bullshit it is so tired.

15. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

It's not all of them, you twatwaffle, it's the most popular and the most notorious of them. :rolleyes:

16. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

The most powerful liberals in government happen to be the ones most likely to take our rights away. And it is also liberals that quite often try to make innocent victims the criminals. So would you please shut the fuck up.

17. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The fact is the majority of the people that want to take away our rights fall into that catagory, yes there are plenty of worthless cocksuckers that aren't liberals like mccain, guiliani that will gladly fuck us over too but when a new law is proposed 9/10 times its a liberal behind it.

18. RonJeremey

RonJeremey OT Supporter

But... liberals, in general, hate guns!... Of course there are exceptions, hell I'm one of them... but most liberals I know do not like guns.

Hell the few that know I carry are ALWAYS trying to check me because they don't even want to be around it.

19. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

:wtf:

20. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

I'm pretty liberal and I'm totally behind the 2nd Amendment. Although I do not consider myself a "democrat."
    I wuv firearmz.

21. Eviljosh

Eviljosh OT Supporter

welcome to australia

22. technically true liberals should be support the 2nd amendment.

it's just the current liberals believe in only the freedoms they agree with.