Home DVD player

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Claydus, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Claydus

Claydus Active Member

Ok i'm leaning towards a home theater system that doesn't come with DVD player..........heres the system i plan on buying
    [​IMG]

any good, low priced Dvd Players out there ?? Phillips, Sony, Panasonic.......... or Should I go ahead and buy a system with a dvd player??

2. CLTypeS

CLTypeS Guest

Best video from a dvd player right now is the Panasonic Rp82 for $206 shipped from www.onecall.com

Highly regarded. Has no chroma bug. Has the Genesis/Sage/Faroudja chip that uses dcdi (though it doesn't say it on the box). Some video gurus have said that this player is better than players 10x's it's cost. If you want a changer the Panny cp72 is similar to the 82.

If you want very good video w/ better analog audio section look at the Denon 1600. It's based on the prior bang for the buck champ the RP 62 but with better audio dacs for dvdaudio/cd analog playback.

Check www.avsforum.com and their dvd forums. Do a search and you'll see what I mean. look for posts with member sspears.
    He reviews/measures /and reports on many video products for www.hometheaterhifi.com Highly respected forum member.

Andy

3. Claydus

Claydus Active Member

thanks dude:bigthumb:

4. not that im a home theatre guru...but if you like to play videogames, even once in a while...go with a PS2. DVD player + gaming system = good deal.

not to mention PS2's can be found for about $150-200 bucks if you look around.